Premed 101 Forums

Pre-O-week get together?

Guest oO0chickpea0Oo

Guest oO0chickpea0Oo

OK, so I'm stealing this idea from a few of the other schools...But I definitely think it's a good idea...Who wants to meet up before O-week starts? I move into my new place as of the 28-29th weekend, so I have all of monday, and tuesday where I'll be sitting alone in my room :( I thought if some of the rest of you are going to be moving in a bit early also, then maybe we could get together? Let me know who's up for it, or if anyone can suggest a get together place, and if any of the upper years would like to join us?

~pea~

Guest coastal79

I'm down if I get my shite in gear that first weekend. I'm arriving on a red-eye on Saturday morning and will have to buy some furniture and all that good stuff. I'll be living in meds house, so that could be a meeting place.

cheers

Guest CareBear15

I'm definitely up for something... seeing as Wed, Thu and Fri are assigned pub nights and Sat is the pub crawl... it's gonna be reeeeeallly interesting.

See you soon!

Guest Raucus Bacchus

I'm game.

Will be moving my stuff in very early in Aug, then taking a road trip out east with my better half. Surely be up for some pre-O-week warmup.

Guest oO0chickpea0Oo

So now what's everyone up for doing? We could go to dinner together, or coffee, or a club, or a pub...OR alllll of that in one hugely fun-filled extravaganza!! I'm thinking we could probably do this on the sunday (I think it's the 29th)? Let me know what you guys think :)

~pea~

Guest nextstopmd

Whatever we do, it would be amazing if we could involve those sumo suits... Those things rock!! Nothing says 'howdy classmate' like a good ol' belly flop.

Guest sunmr

hey pea,

i'm up for dinner at the least, cause i probably won't have any food at my house when i get there, but if anybody wants to do anything else, i'll do that too. not too too familiar with the kingston area, so i don't really know that many good places to eat, but white mountain downtown by the lake has some KICKASS ice cream

Guest seedstrike

If you guys go for dinner, do check out What's Up Doc (online) for some good recommendations...

The link follows: meds.queensu.ca/~whatsup/WHATSUPDOC_2004.pdf

My personal favorites are: Take's (Japanese), Mino's (Greek), Copper Penny (cheap but really good all types of food), Cafe India (Indian)...Just stroll down Princess near downtown and i'm sure you'll run into something you like.

Guest oO0chickpea0Oo

Ok, so I think maybe we could all go to dinner first (around 6:00-7:00), get to talking....and then when we're full we could roll down princess and look for a good place to chill after dinner...The Copper Penny sounds good to me, that way we meet everyone's taste needs (hopefully they have some good vegetarian foods?)...Ok, so here it is:

When: Sunday August 29th @ 6:30'ish

Where: @ the Copper Penny (Directions from anyone who knows how to get there would be great)

Who:nextstopmd

Ciara

MississaugaBoy

sunmr

starlites

coastal79

CareBear15

Raucus Bacchus

Californicator

Marizzle

Pindu

MD23

Nops (?)

Seedstrike (?)

Gunz4Sale(?)

Me :) PLUS anyone else who wants to join in

How does that sound to everyone?

Guest seedstrike

Directions to Copper Penny.

Take exit 617 (Division Rd.) on 401.

Once you exit, go towards Kingston (rather than westport) on Division Street.

When you hit Princess, make a left (Note: Princess becomes a one-way street at Division)

Keep an eye out for CopperPenny...it will be on your right side. It's in the same block as the Movie Theater. You shouldn't have to go too far down Princess to get to it.)

Have fun guys!

Copper Penny

240 Princess Street

Kingston, ON

K7L 1B2

613-549-4257 (don't know if it's current)

Edit: Thanks for inviting me guys, but i'll be taking a few days off from school and so won't be in town 'till Sept 2nd or so...you guys have an awesome time, though!

Hey people!

I'll be in town by the 14th, moving into our new place the week of 16-21 Aug. I'll be there, but my wife wants to know if this is a students only thing or are you guys planning on bringing anyone with you?

It may be moot, as we'd have to line up a babysitter anyway, but . . . . :\

Everybody got their bizarre Qlink addresses sorted out? I'm happy to say I only have one number (4whn).

See you all soon!

Bil :evil

Guest oO0chickpea0Oo

I think it should be ok if people brought along a friend/sig. other...I know I don't mind :) Hopefully you can make it Nops...See you there...

~pea~

Guest CareBear15

I didn't organize the whole event or anything.. so I don't wanna step on anyone's toes... BUT OF COURSE people should be allowed to bring whoever they want! The more the merrier! I wanna meet the wives, husbands, kids, cats and dogs!

Guest Gunz4Sale

Benchod!!!!

Pindu, you better shower before you meet all the new people in your class. Also, if you ever invite any of 'em to your house, please don't tell them that I lived there last year, especially Californicator. Also UWO O-Week will be over and classes will start by Queen's Frosh Week, so I may make a guest appearance in early September. If I do, you have to :hat 'cause you said you would once we both got into meds, understood?

Aight, Pindjatt, you're in TO for Caribana so I'll see you this weekend, peace out!!!!

Khao Piyo Aish Karo and GGGGGGGG G-Unit!!!!!

Guest Pindu

Hey: Gunz4sale!

Benchode, I think the smell in our house left when you did, along with all that ish in your room. If you can stop mhutting long enough while at UWO to come back to K-town we'll get proper :hat ...but in the mean time I'm telling everyone at UWO that you we're boys with the man who invented the "wave". Anyways hope to see you before O-week!

Pindu...and AZ

Archived