Premed 101 Forums

Tb test

Guest marika3

Guest marika3

Hi! I'm a bit confused about whether we need a Tb test for Queen's. Acceptance letters only mentioned Hep b, but the what's up doc guide mentioned Tb. Could anyone clarify?

Thanks,

Marika

Guest oO0chickpea0Oo

I think you have to get a Tb test regardless of which school you go to...One more thing I wanted to ask was, do we just send the admissions office a copy of all our immunizations, or do we have to get our doctors to forward them, etc. Thanks :)

~pea~

Guest seedstrike

Hey,

I got all the tests done last year before starting school: TB/Hep B.

But no one asked me for the results once school started. The results are actually still sitting on my desk neatly folded in an envelope even now.

I think you may have to redo them once you start clerkships anyways...in any case, it's not a bad idea to get it done now (just so you know what the results are) even if the school doesn't ask you for them.

Edit: Pea: Don't need the doc to forward your results. Just have them with you when you start just in case the school asks you for them. Also, I never used the school health services here...maybe they need the results before they will service you?

• 1 year later...

Archived