Premed 101 Forums

Consequences for Dropping Courses

Guest Raucus Bacchus

Guest Raucus Bacchus

Hey everyone, I have a little question.

I am currently taking three courses that I needed to take to have all the prereqs for UWO. Needless to say, I am really busy because of it. With work at a full time job, teaching in the evenings for an MCAT prep class, and then those courses.

The thing is, I want to take a bit of a vacation in August now that I know that I am going to be going to Queens Meds, and I don't want to have to write the exams! Arghh :(

If I drop them now, it will be a 'fail' grade (withdraw). But, these are courses above and beond my degree program (that I have already completed as of April '03).

I was just wondering what the consequneces may be down the road; for example, residency matching etc...

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

For the CaRMS application, undergraduate transcripts are required, but as far as I've heard, medical school courses don't have a great amount of weight in the CaRMS process, so I'd imagine that undergraduate courses would have even less. That being said, is there no way that you can request a late withdrawal from the courses, without penalty?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• 1 year later...

Archived