Premed 101 Forums

September 1st

Guest nextstopmd

Guest nextstopmd

Looks like there is lots of action on the board lately. It's good to see lots of discussions going on. I was in Kingston today trying to find a place to live for the year, and it didn't go all that well, mostly because I was hoping to rent an apartment for August 1st so that I could try to get things set up with the place before I started school.

Now, I'm not sure if that's going to happen, since I couldn't find any places close to school that weren't scary. I was going over the sessional dates on the web page and I saw that orientation is supposed to start on Sept 1st... Now, I'm sure there must be a lot of people that will be moving to Kingston on that day, so does anyone know what's going to be happening activity-wise?I'd hate to miss anything because I was busy moving!

You're right, that is extremely frustrating. THe first day usually invovles getting into 'doc groups' (groups of about 8-10 first year students with 2-3 second year guides) and seeing the sites around the campus as well as some lunch and fun events, if I recall correctly. It would be a shame to miss it, as it's a chance to meet your classmates for the first time.

I was facing a similar dilemma last year when I was forced to take a Sep 1 rent, however I managed to talk to the tenant there before me and see if he can move out a day or two earlier. He was very nice about it, and agreed. This is one possibility.

Best of luck with everything.

Yes, don't hesitate to ask to move in a day early...EVERY landlord that my friends or I have dealt with in Kingston has been as accomodating as possible in this regard. Good luck!

• 2 years later...

Archived