Premed 101 Forums

Housing in Kingston?

Guest porcelina

Guest porcelina

Hi guys!

I just found out I've been accepted off the waitlist and I'm so excited about going to Queen's! :D

But at the same time, I've never had to look for housing (I've been living at home and going to U of T), so I'm a total newbie/spaz at this. :o I would really appreciate any sort of info or advice about places in Kingston (where to avoid, how much rent *normally* is, if any places you know are available, etc).

Thanks in advance!

Hey,

You can check out last year's version of "What's Up Doc" online: meds.queensu.ca/~whatsup/

There is a section devoted to finding a place to live as well as lots of good information on Kingston.

You can also check out the forum from our class website: meds.queensu.ca/~meds2007/meds2008.htm (go to the forum link at the top of the page)

Hope this helps!

Jenny

Guest Sarah371

Take a look at Student's Medical House...close to everything...you get to know people from all four years and alumni too....10 meals a week are included in rent....you will get a brochure with your orientation package and people would be happy to show you around.

Off campus there is the "med student ghetto" east of city park...mainly in zone one. Check out listings on the Queen's Housing site. Steer clear of the "student ghetto as they are on a different timetable for meds and have been known to have vermin problems

On campus there are graduate student dorms which you can live in.

Congratulations on your acceptance!!!

SARAH

Guest drews97

If you're looking for somewhere close and clean, I'd recommend looking at the Homestead apartments along Ontario St. I live there and a lot of my classmates live there too. It's about a 5 minute walk to school and only a ~5 minute bike ride to the grocery stores. They're expensive if you live by yourself but if you can get a room-mate they're actually quite affordable.

Guest Sarah371

Homestead definitely has a good reputation...stay away from Ansley Holdings though....they bought my building last year and the only way that I could get a hold of them was to e-mail them or leave a phone message.....not cool when your fridge has gone off and your food is spoiling.

SARAH

• 2 years later...

Archived