Premed 101 Forums

The Waitlist is MOVING!!!

Guest DrTK

Hi Everyone!

I received an email from Anne Cumpson this morning...I've been accepted off the waitlist! I wasn't expecting anything until next week, so a) I am unbelievably happy and B) start checking your email because the waitlist is officially moving! Good luck to those of you who are waiting!

DrTK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest walkorbike

Hi,

Good for you, Dr TK! Now that Dr part of your handle is 100% legit as you are off to be a doctor--congratulations!

-walkorbike

Hi walkorbike!

Thanks for the congrats...now I have to decide if I want to go to Queens or Western (I was accepted right away at Western). It'll be tough...but I love Queens so that might pull a little harder! We'll see!

DrTK

Guest nextstopmd

I also got the big email about 5 minutes ago!! It feels amazing to finally get in at Queens.

I can't even celebrate since I have to work for a couple more hours! I'll make up for it later, that's for sure!

:rollin

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Congratulations you two. :D

It's very congenial of Queen's to let waitlisted applicants know they're off the waitlist sooner rather than later. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Okay, disregard my last. I just got an email from Anne Cumpson this afternoon.

I'm freaking out, and I don't think I'll really believe it until the paperwork is signed, sealed and delivered.

Hang in there folks, there's hope yet!! :)

Bil :evil

Guest Sarah371

NOPS,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You had a stong application....I was keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope you and your family have a great time in K-town for the next 4 years.

SARAH

Guest seedstrike

Good to hear the waitlist is moving this quickly...and congrats to all those who received the happy email.

I still remember the day last year when I got my email. I had just come back home from a midnight shift and had checked my email to find it sitting there in my inbox. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read it for the first time and had to reread it several times to let it sink in. The fact that there was a minor grammatical mistake in the email from Anne also played with the doubts in my mind...I couldn't help thinking that one of my friends was playing a cruel joke on me.:P

It all worked out in the end, though i didn't feel completely secure until i held the acceptance letter in my hands.

Hopefully, u come to Queen's, Makunoichi...it'd be great to have someone to discuss 'ippo' with.

Guest Gordo58

Hi folks,

I recieved an email acceptance today, but im turning it down to go elsewhere! Good luck to whoever is next in line!

Guest DonaldKaufman

Thanks! I was accepted at Dal - I've known about it since early-March, because Dal lets their letters trickle out over 3 or 4 months, instead of letting them all go out on one day like the Ont. schools.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I was really impressed with Queen's and would have been thrilled to attend the school. However, being waitlisted made a really tough decision very easy for me, since I didn't want to play the waiting game again this year at Queen's (I was waitlisted last year, but I must have been pretty far down the list).

-DK

Guest Thumbelina

Hey everyone

.. I just got accepted off the waitlist today as well. I'm most likely going to turn it down though for another school.. I just want to compare the tuition and curriculum before I give Anne a response. I promise to decide quickly!

Guest Makunouchi

Hi seedstrike,

ah, you're the first to ask about Ippo! :)

After a grueling two weeks of comparisons, I've decided to study at Toronto after all. Queen's has so much to offer... great people too. I had a tough time deciding... bouncing between the two everyday.

Hope someone on the board gets the spot! :D

Guest Gunz4Sale

I got an e-mail a couple of days ago from Queen's. I got accepted off the waitlist. I'll be turning it down though, as I also got into UWO and that has been my first choice all along. Hope that helps someone who has their heart set on Kingston. I just finished 4 years of undergrad and it was a lot of fun.

hey gunz4sale,

congrats and nice to have options! just curious why u are taking western over queen's, anything inparticular?

any insight would be appreciated, thanks,

md23

Guest Gunz4Sale

Well, in terms of actual med school, I chose UWO because I like where the clerkship starts and how you get a little more experience w/ electives before residency matching.

Also, I've heard that UWO is dropping the whole honours aspect of the pass/fail system and after grinding it out for 4 years during undergrad, I look forward to a little less pressure.

My main motives were personal though. I did undergrad as a Queen's Life Sci. Great program and I made a whole bunch of friends - I'll probably visit K-Town 5-6 times over the course of the year. However I was looking for a change and London seemed like a fun city. Gotta' keep it movin' so things don't get stale, know what I'm saying?

Guest Raucus Bacchus

I was just wondering if there have been any new moves on the waitlist front?

I don't think that I have seen any newbies in the last couple of days?

Anyone know how many offers have not been accepted from the first rounders (ie the initial offers?)

How deep did the waitlist move last year in total?

So many questions!!!

Cheers to everyone, and best of luck to those waiting with me!8o

Guest tweep0

Hi

Just got an e-mail this morning (Tuesday, June 22). I'm in! :rollin . I was set on going to Western, but now I will need to rethink my decision.

The list is still moving! Don't give up!

Tweep

Just got an email this morning, I'm going to Queen's! Don't give up hope, the list is moving pretty quickly I think, good luck to those still waiting!

Way to go, good news for both of you.

Hope to see you in September!

My firm acceptance goes back inthe mail tomorrow, deposit to follow :D

There have been a LOT of people choosing other schools over Queen's thus far, so there will likely be a fair amount of movement on the list still. Queen's has been offering spots as they open up, not waiting and releasing them en-masse.

Ciao!

B :evil

Archived