Premed 101 Forums

The Waitlist is MOVING!!!

Guest DrTK

Guest Raucus Bacchus

Hello hello,

I was just wondering where this info has come from...

"There have been a LOT of people choosing other schools over Queen's thus far..."

Is this word of mouth, board-chat-check, or data from a peer-reviewed paper? Jus wondering cause bacchus is waiting for the news, and when the news comes it has to be good....at that point, bacchus will get raucus :hat

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sarah371

The Queen's waitlist always moves alot.....lots of people seem to not want to live in Kingston......go figure.....anyways I would say at least half the class comes from the waitlist.

SARAH

Guest drews97

Last year they made about 170 offers to fill the class. I don't think that this is many more offers than the average medschool would have to make to fill a class of 100. However, in previowus years Queen's have made 200+ total offers so whether this year will be more or less than last year is totally unknown.

Guest Raucus Bacchus

Anyone know how many offers have been sent out so far....?

120? 150?

I guess this one is likely to remain unknown for some time...?

Worth a shot to put the question out.

Cheers

Guest ec416

Hi,

I just got the call from Queen's but I have decided to accept Western's offer so I declined over the phone. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting. There's still hope. ;)

Guest Raucus Bacchus

Well, the wait is over. I fell off my chair this morning when I got the news. Don't know what to do now, the sky is brighter, the air is sweeter, everything that I have been working towards has finally come together.

I am coming to Queens in the fall!

I have been waiting for the moment that I could write this up on the Ez Board!

I am looking forward to seeing everyone in Sept, and I know it is going to be a great time!

Cheers to everyone!

:rollin

Guest Impatient

Are acceptance notifications being made by e-mail or telephone? ....I have a message and have to wait until tomorrow to return the call!

Guest drews97

Hey impatient,

Last year the earlier waiting list acceptees (is that a word?) were first notified by e-mail. It's possible that at this stage though they're just phoning people.

Guest Raucus Bacchus

Well, I sort of emailed to find out where my wait list position was after the July 2 deadline. I was totally not expecting what I got back - that my offer was being put in the mail this morning.

So, I don't know if I would have been emailed, or called.

Either way, when I read that wonderful email I almost fell out of my chair!

I am so excited to have to deal with the hassle of finding a new place to live!

Sorry I can be of no real use to answer your question though.

I am sure it is good news that you got a call!

Guest threeputt

Still moving... just turned down an offer today. Anne was not very surprised that I turned it down this late into the process, so I think there is still quite some room for movement! Keep those hopes up!

Guest threeputt

UBC - I live in Vancouver, so it's WAY too convenient for me, and I think the research opportunities are pretty good here.

When I interviewed at Queen's, I got great feelings about it - the class size, student body, faculty, clinical experiences, so this is in no way a reflection of my feelings about Queen's. In some ways, I know I am sacrificing the experiences of living in a new, totally different city, but I know I will also get a great education at UBC, and it's just too damn late to start moving across the country!

Guest californicator

I JUST GOT IN at Queen's. All your base are belong to us. It'll be 8 long years here; never would've guessed. HAR HAR HAR.

I guess all the shoe-lace tying and clock-watching by my interviewers wasn't so bad... GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF THE BOYZ.

Guest Elaine I

Congrats! How exciting that must be - to get accepted after being rejected!

How many people are usually on the Queen's waiting list? Was it any shorter this year? When is the last time that they ran through the entire waitlist and beyond?

Do you think there is any correlation between the UWO class filling so quickly and Queen's going through its entire waitlist - maybe that many people accepted at both chose UWO??

Elaine

Guest californicator

Everybody with whom I went to undergrad (@ Queen's) chose to go to UT or Western over Queen's. Guess they got sick of getting parking tix everyday and having Daphne Dean show up with her bodyguard.

Archived