Premed 101 Forums

how many waitlisted?

Guest PaniDoktor

Guest PaniDoktor

Does anyone know how many people are put on the Queen's waitlist, and how many (approximately) are ultimately offered admission?

Thanks!

Guest Raucus Bacchus

I am very interested to hear some responses to this post.

There are approximately 100 positions at Queens if I am current, but how many of interviewees are waitlisted?

I feel like it is a bit of a poker game! What are the odds!

Guest Nops

Okay, just by trolling through the older threads, I salvaged this info WRT the waiting list:

last two years: ~200-260 people on the waiting list

the year before that (class of 80 people) waiting list of 100.

The waiting list of 100 from that year (01) was exhausted, as in, EVERYONE ON IT RECEIVED AN OFFER. Not so the last two years, but still . . . . Number of offers per year at Queen's has averaged pretty close to # seats x 2.

Apparently, Queen's will not tell you your position on the list NOW, but will LATER. To clarify, once the conditional acceptances became firm last year (July), the office was willing to tell people where they were on the list.

Last year, the first of the 'second round' acceptances went out by email about 16 days after the first offers were mailed. This allowed quicker movement of the list, as many of those on the waitlist had chosen to go somewhere else, moving the list even further along.

Good luck all, and relax. Check back in around the 14th!

Bil :evil

• 2 years later...

Archived