Premed 101 Forums

Rejected!!!

Guest MDSMelissa

Guest MDSMelissa

Well, the eventful news when I called Anne was that I'm rejected from Queen's. As Queen's was my first choice, I'm a bit bummed, as well as skeptical. I won't believe it till I get the letter in the mail!

Good luck to everyone!

Melissa

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there Melissa,

I'm sorry to hear about your Queen's nees. No worries, though. On the very bright side, at least you're fortunate to know WHAT you're going to be doing this September. Now it's a matter of choosing where. Congratulations again on McMaster. :D

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest DesertRat101

Just got the mail from Queen's. Got rejected. I'm somewhat surprised since I was waitlisted last year. Hoping for better luck elsewhere.

Guest UBClebronjames

sorry to hear that.. I read another post in another thread that was congratulating you and I assumed that you got in until I reached this thread.

I haven't read all the other threads in other schools but I hope that you get into or have gotten into a school of your choice. It's Queen's loss that they didn't get you.

Guest justanotherpremed

coastal: I'll know the results from U of S by the end of this week probably.... til then....:hat :smokin

Guest biochemicle

Well, that was about the kindest PFO I've ever received. Thanks to Queen's for being a class act all the way - to the bitter end, that is. I really had my heart set on Kingston, and I know they would have been getting a good candidate who was thrilled just to be there. Woulda been all' maxin' in the Fireplace Room with my textbooks every night :smokin

Oh well, guess I'll be going to Calgary instead - at least finances will be one less thing to worry about. Best of luck to everyone still on the waitlist.

Guest Jerika81

Hey biochemicle, I was in your position last year, I had been hoping to head to Queen's of Western for school, mainly because I wanted to move away from home, but home was the only place I was accepted in the end.

I was disappointed for a while, but after the first day of O-week at U of C I was in love with the school and the people and there has been no looking back since. Now I'm glad I didn't get in anywhere else because I'm so happy at U of C, and I think 95% of people love the school they end up at even if it wasn't there first choice immediately. It's too bad you didn't get in to Queen's, but I think you will love U of C, so start getting excited for August 4th!:D

Guest biochemicle

Hey, thanks Jerika. I'm certainly excited about Calgary, or I wouldn't be going, and I didn't mean to convey otherwise in my post. I was just hoping to travel a little further afield - y'know, Maslow's heirarchy and all that :P . Anyways, I certainly have no complaints, and I'll be there with bells on in August. If one's doing it for the right reasons, where one goes is almost an afterthought, right?

Queen's still seems to be one heck of a terrific school, though.

• 2 years later...

Archived