Premed 101 Forums

Letters to go out 31 May

Guest Nops

Guest Nops

Admissions told me by email that letters will go out 31 May, not the 28th. So hold off calling, or add another day to your letter's ETA.

So close now . . . .

Bil :evil

Guest DrTK

Hi Everyone!

I wonder why Queens is sending out on the 31st rather than the 28th. Most of the other Ontario schools are sending out on the 28th...I thought that was the date that all the Ontario schools agreed on. Any ideas why they're putting it off till the Monday? (I mean, it's not like they're changing their decisions...I think all that's already done!!)

Hope the waiting is going well...mine is going slowly...but, it's a long weekend and I get to go to Ottawa for 4 days next week so it shouldn't be too bad! Good luck to all of you!

TK

Guest nextstopmd

Hey Nops,

Were you just told this in the past couple of days? I was talking to the admissions office earlier in the week, and the person I spoke to told me the letters were going out on the 28th...

I wonder if something happened to create a delay?

Guest MDSMelissa

Hey,

I really don't want to have to wait an extra day to get that letter in the mail. I am getting SOOO anxious! Thanks Nops and nextstopmd for keeping us posted.

Melissa

Guest Nops

The quote in the subject line is directly from an email I received from Anne Cumpson on the 20th of May.

Does this mean rejections and waitlist go out earlier (28th)?

It's a mystery to me.

The Ontario schools state they will send out letters the last business day of May, which is the 31st this year. I have seen and heard on the other forums that Ottawa is emailing on the 28th, so I don't know why the discrepancy.

Either way, it's only the difference of a day, which is an extension of about .5% or less to our overall wait.

Don'r know if Queen's sends out regular post or special delivery either. I seem to recall from last year's posts it was regular mail, but I can't be certain.

Bil :evil

Guest PaniDoktor

I am hoping that they were only saying this to avoid a flood of phonecalls on Friday, May 28th. Maybe I have too much faith in 'the system', but I am holding on to hope that all Ontario schools will hand those letters to Canada Post on Friday, as previously agreed.

Whether it's 0.5% or not (you gotta love the comfort of numbers 8o ), that extra day or two will be torture (plus I'm leaving for Europe on June 9th, for 2 months, so the sooner I know my fate the better).

Ahhh, just barely more than a week left .... :D

Guest coastal79

I hope they get them out on Friday as well. Every day of waiting truly IS torture. I'm waiting on UBC right now-people in Vancouver got letters yesterday, but everyone outside has to agonize over their fate through a three day long weekend!

Guest Sarah371

Hey Guys....Waiting is horrible and the ladies in the office to realize what you are all going through....if they did not want calls they would just tell you not to call.....also just a hint....when my letter came 4 years ago it was a VERY thin envelope.....just a one page letter and the OMSAS contract so don''t freak out if you don't get the thick envelope.....Queen's send out their package later on in the summer.

Keep your chins up while you wait

SARAH

• 2 years later...

Archived