Premed 101 Forums

Calling Anne Cumpsen?

Guest Nops

Guest Nops

So, with just ten days to the 28th and the release of the letters, I dug nto last year's threads and noticed two things:

1) Several students in and around Kingston PICKED UP their letter on the 29 (letters were to be sent on the 30th).

2) Several others called the admissions office on the 29th and received their news over the phone with nary a problem.

Anyone planning to call on the 28th? With it being a Friday, I am inclined to give it a try, just for the opportunity to enjoy my weekend that much more. Or lock myself away . . . .

Bil :evil

Guest NL07

At the risk of flooding Anne's phone lines, I will tell you that last year I was told my application's status over the phone, on the the 29th, that is, the last friday in may.

Guest DonaldKaufman

How about this? We'll ALL call her that day, just for fun. Nops - 10:00am, NL07 - 10:05am, I'll take 10:10am. Who's next?

Just kidding. Last year I waited until the Tuesday of the following week to call. I figured the people in the admissions office would be less agitated after the initial rush.

I don't think that there's any big problem with calling - they were quite pleasant last year. I don't know if I have the guts to call on the 28th, although I guess the worst that can happen is that they'd say "sorry, we can't tell you yet". You could just suck it up and wait though, otherwise that poor office will get a couple of hundred calls....:rolleyes

Guest PaniDoktor

Shotgun 10:15 !!!

Actually, I'd feel REALLY bad for bugging them, and sooo nervous to actually hear the news. I don't know if I can do it ...

Guest coastal79

Whether you call is up to you, however, I think it is a little bit selfish to bombard the office staff with phone calls about a question you will get the answer to the next week. We're all going crazy waiting, but think of it this way: we've waited so long and this ridiculous process has been drawn out over most of the year, so what difference is one weekend going to make? Or, use Kant's categorical imperative: act only in a way that you would want to become universal law.

Cheers

Guest gonzo23

True... easier said than done. But whenever I start to get worked up about the whole process I remember those who are not in the process.

My friends are the best people to ground me and point out when I'm becoming a little too premed obsessive. Knowing a few days earlier will not affect the final decision. I think everyone is mature enough to spend a few more days waiting rather than frantically calling admissions to seek their fate. You've made it this far... be strong!

Good luck to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ec416

Hmm, I'm really tempted to call on Monday and I even looked up the phone number of the undergraduate med office. It's 613-533-2542 for those of you who are thinking about calling as well... :D

Theoretically, the envelope shouldn't take long to get to Toronto. But by some slight miscalculation (ok, I screwed up), I won't be back from my Rockies trip until Thursday afternoon. I figure if I were going to have any peace of mind, I should just call the office on Monday and find out one way or the other.

I see that some folks from this board have heard the great news from Ottawa. Congrats!!! You deserve it.

Good luck everyone and may the priceless envelopes start emerging on Monday!

• 2 years later...

Archived