Premed 101 Forums

How Long Do You Get To Decide?

Guest seedstrike

Guest seedstrike

Hey,

Quick question for those of you who got off the waitlist at Queen's. How long does the school give you to make a firm decision. Do you still get to make a conditional acceptance that is valid until July 13 or do they give you a few days to make a choice? I only ask because I am still waiting for Western.

Thanks

Strike

Hey Strike,

Congrats on the acceptance! I think at this point in the game, if you get off the waitlist you get the same options on your acceptance form, (1) Yes for sure, (2) Yes but I'm holding out for other schools for now, (3) No thanks - you can always call the Admissions Office to confirm this, but I would think the response form you got in the mail would spell this out for you.

Guest JSS02

When I got off the Queen's waitlist last year, I was given a week from the day I received the letter to make a decision... this deadline was around the end of June, so I think that if I provisionally accepted, then it would have been finalized on July 3rd- the OMSAS deadline to get off the waitlist from another Ontario school if you're already holding an Ontario acceptance.

Guest seedstrike

Oh Jeez,

I didn't realize the deadline was the 3rd. That gives me only a week. All this time i was thinking i could wait until the 13th. Anyways, the reason i asked the question is because i haven't recieved my acceptance letter yet so i don't know the details. I was notified via email a couple of days ago that i was accepted. I guess the package is in the mail now.

Well, thanks everyone for you helful comments in this and other threads.

Strike

• 3 years later...

Archived