Premed 101 Forums

Queens vs UofT

Guest zirneklis

Guest zirneklis

Hi everyone!

I received the good news today that I got into both Queens and UofT. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time deciding between the two...anyone have any insight they would like to share about the pros and cons of both schools? I would greatly appreciate it because as you all know, this is a big decision! Thanks, and good luck to those of you still waiting!:rollin

Hey zirneklis,

Congratulations!

There were a few thoughts exchanged at pub125.ezboard.com/fpreme...=156.topic earlier on, but specifically comparing Queen's to U of T, I'd highlight the small class size and beautiful campus as pros - you'll get to know everyone in your class pretty quick and it's guaranteed to be an amazing time! Tuition's cheaper too - Queen's will be about $13 500, vs Toronto's $16 500. We're right on the lake, plenty of nice areas to stop, relax and smell the flowers now and then.

Cons though... prolly the first thing that comes to mind is that Kingston is smallish (compared to Toronto that's no surprise), but the thing is, there's nothing missing at all in Kingston! When you want to go out, shop, club, catch a show, work out, whatever, there's plenty of options right downtown, within 10 min of where most people live. And when you do go out, you'll have more cash to spend than you would anywhere else - Kingston's pretty cheap to live, plus you're saving that three grand on tuition too.

A big part of what brought me to Queen's is Kingston's size actually... I've never lived in a place like Kingston before, and what better chance to try something completely different than med school? Once you're out and practicing, it'll be a lot harder to just up and move somewhere just for the experience of the place. Academically, you can't go wrong between U of T and Queen's, but it's prolly the last four years you'll have the luxury of mobility as a student, so take advantage and try living somewhere different from what you're used to!

Any specific questions, just ask. Good luck!

• 3 years later...

Archived