Premed 101 Forums

finding a place

Guest phat510

Guest phat510

Hi all,

I managed to get up the guts to call admissions yesterday and found out I got in. Woohoo! I'm pretty sure that I will take the offer, but I haven't heard from everwhere I interviewed yet so I figure I'll wait to see what pans out in the next week or so.

I had heard, though, that finding a place in Kingston can be a bit of a pain at this time of year, and I'm in BC so I don't have the option of coming out to find a place. Does anyone have suggestions for sites online to look at for appartments? Any ideas on when it gets really tough to find a place? I'd prefer, obviously, to be as close to the campus as possible. Thanks for any help,

Jon

Guest Valani9

Congrats to all who got in.

Is the housing market tight right now? I am going to wait a bit to start looking. Is early July a bad time to start?

Cheers. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Guest MellowYellow

Depends on your budget. The more student-oriented places (read: student ghetto) are gone before May. There are apartments or rooms for September, but generally they are a bit more expensive or a bit further.

With that said, most of my classmates didn't start looking for apartment until July last year, and generally we were pleased with our living arrangements.

I also encourage those who got accepted to use the forum specifically created for incoming students (pub63.ezboard.com/bqueensmeds2006). You should've received a letter from our class with the password to the forum. You can meet your future classmates there, and maybe even find a roommate for next year.

Patrick

Queen's 06

• 3 years later...

Archived