Premed 101 Forums

Letters are in the mail!

Guest stressed

Guest stressed

I just phoned the admissions office and the very nice lady there told me that letters were already in the mail (not sure if that means that people may receive them today). Also, if you phone and ask they will give you your status (accepted, wait-listed, rejected)...not sure if I should be writing that (I'm sure the nice lady won't stay so nice if hundreds of phone calls come flooding in) :b

Good luck everyone!

Guest Nightrider

ok...so now I have some serious stress...Queen's is my only shot for this year, and now i'm not sure if I want to know the answer! Anyone know of someone who's been accepted with only 1 interview? I've been having a lot of doubts in the past week. Here's homing my mail is fast for once :)

Guest Danish

Nightrider, two of my friends got in to med school with only one interview. One was accepted at Calgary, and the other at UBC. Don't lose hope!!!!

Hey stressed,

I don't want to find out over the phone. Not prepared yet. I hope no one else will bother the poor woman. Letters are on their way! It will happen soon! But here's the question: if I may ask, what was the result of your application? Please tell me!

BJ

Guest Valani9

I gotta say -

I'm pretty impressed with the level of consideration you all have for the admissions lady. Especially at a time like this.

I'm just waiting so I don't have a heart attack over the phone.

:\

Guest stressed

Oh yeah! Guess I forgot to add that little tidbit in! ;)

I was waitlisted (expected a rejection since my interview was awful...phew!) She said she didn't know my position on the waitlist (though I think she did but wasn't at liberty to say right then...and I didn't want to bother her about it - figure there's plenty of time for that :b ). I had actually called to ask when letters would be sent out (confusion whether we would receive them Friday or not)...she volunteered the info on my status.

By the way, anybody know how many people are waitlisted and how many of those are typically offered acceptances? Figure I might as well bring back this topic for speculation...

Also, I want to change my moniker "stressed" (from awhile ago - I think back when I was applying or something)...I can't seem to figure it out! Can somebody help me, please? And I want to be a doctor....:lol

Guest bad hombre

Hey everyone,

I wasn't one of the neurotics who called, but one of the neurotics who picked up his letter from the office earlier today. I was *waitlisted* as well... I too would like to know the length and my position, but the letter explicitly states that they will not divulge that information.

Good Luck to everyone!

P.S. please choose other schools over Queen's! it's classroom is terrible and kingston is small... jokes

Guest bad hombre

i found a discussion regarding the length of the waiting list last year... looks like we've got ~60% chance considering that last year ~220 acceptances (if i remember correctly were sent out in total and only 100 initially, meaning ~120/200 got in off the waiting list :|

so basically we just have to keep waiting. here's the link

pub125.ezboard.com/fpreme...=106.topic

Guest thelaze

I can't believe they're in the mail already! Stressed, did the nice admissions lady (Anne Cumpson?) tell what day the letters went into the mail? Was it today, or yesterday?

I'm going insane :eek

Guest thelaze

Thanks, bad hombre. I'm still going insane.

Best of luck to you and everyone else. May your mailboxes bring joy in the days to come. :P

Guest also in limbo

well since i'm on campus, i thought i'd also try to pick up my letter. when i phoned to see how late they'd be open, the lady said they were just closing up (it was almost 4:30) and that the letters had been mailed. she eagerly offered to give me my status, however, so don't think you'd be harassing them if you're dying to know! she said they have a list handy, and sounded very happy to fill me in.

and after a moment of sheer terror... waitlisted - 3rd school so far! oh well, at least they're consistent!!

Guest Da Birdie

hi all~

good luck to those who were waitlisted!

I just finished 1st year meds in Queen's~~ must say i enjoyed every bit of it.....except the 1-2 weeks before the exams :P

Just keep the spirits up ... lots of people are accepted off the waitlist (i got mine after the first week of June last year!)

If I remember correctly, acceptances off waitlist are mailed out after the first week of June :)

Hope to cya all in the orientation week :hat

KC

Queen's Meds 2006

Guest artef

Hey Da Birdie,

I thought accepted people had two weeks to decide ... so I thought waitlisted people would have to wait till at least a few days into the third week of June? Do people really reply to OMSAS, and OMSAS reply to med schools, and med schools contact waitlisted people that fast?

Yours

Henry

Guest JSS02

Check out the thread here. Last year the people accepted by Queen's in the first round had a week and a half to decide. For some other schools, it was a bit longer... One of the people in that thread I sent you said that he / she received an offer on June 10th.

Guest multifish

I just worked up the cohones to call Anne and I got in!! So happy..I started babbling about how I was casually stalking the mailman this morning...

She said the letters went out on Wednesday, so expect them today or Monday-ish.

Guest ozymandiasking29

Congratulations multifish!!!!

I wasn't brave enough to call Anne but it's ok, cuz I got my letter this morning, and I'm in!!! I'm so relieved, but at the same time, Western is my first choice and I've heard nothing from them. Good luck to all who are still waiting :)

Guest Danish

I also worked up the nerve to call Anne, and I'm in!!! I can't believe it. But I'm still waiting for Western since I did my undergrad at Queen's.

Congrats everyone who got in! Makes the summer that much more relaxed... And good luck to everyone still camped outside their mailboxes! :)

Guest bad hombre

Congrats Multifish, Ozymandias, and Danish!!!

hope to see you guys in class next year (western or queens).

Danish, i'm pretty sure i met you at western and queens. i'm the queen's kid... first name with h. you seem like a decent guy... later on this summer when we figure out where we're going we should look into getting a place together.

later,

hombre

Guest Danish

Bad Hombre,

Yeah, I know exactly who you are. Lemme know what happens with Western or Queen's, and if we end up at the same place I'd definitely be down for looking into a place. Good luck!! you can reach me at danish_325i@hotmail.com

Archived