Premed 101 Forums

deferral...

Guest Nadz227

Guest Nadz227

It's quite possible that this question has already been answered and if so, sorry... but I'd still really appreciate an answer :) I was wondering if it was true that, if offered admission while in 3rd year, Queens will let you defer to complete your honors degree and if so, are those who are offered admission off the waiting list also permitted to defer? Or does it only apply to those who've received first round admission offers?

Guest RAK2005

Queen's allows up to 10 deferrals a year. If those 10 spots are taken up before you get in off the waitlist, then you're either out of luck, or you'll really have to appeal to a higher authority (i.e. dean). In my year there were a large number of people who deferred to finish graduate degrees.

Hope this helps.

PS- all of the details are available in the School of Medicine Calender

I think the Calendar only specifically mentions Masters and Doctoral students can defer, nothing about undergrad degrees... but yeah, either way, there's up to 10 deferrals given out, first-round and waitlist.

Guest MellowYellow

My friend got in last year while she was in her 3rd year undergrad. She deferred and will be coming to Queen's in September 03.

Patrick

Meds 06

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nadz227

Thanks for all the input...I`m currently in third year and got two interviews (Queens and Western). And while there`s no doubt in my mind that I`ll accept in a heartbeat if I`m offered admission at Queens either first round or off the waiting list before about August, I don`t know what I would do if I was offered admin a couple of weeks before classes start. I keep remembering one of the Med2006 students mentioning in the info session that she was offered admission August 28th!! Anywaz, so I was hoping that if that did happen to me that I could defer...probably worrying for nothing since the odds of that happening are probably pretty slim but when you`ve got a couple of months of waiting time all kinds of scenarios pop into your head:eek

Thanks again:)

• 3 years later...

Archived