Premed 101 Forums

Queens' rejection letters out yet?

Guest JS28

Hello,

Does anyone know when Queens sends out the rejection letters? I haven't heard anything yet, but I know that I don't have an interview at Queens. Has anyone received his/her rejection letter yet? I'm just curious what they write on it!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there JS28,

I received my Queen's rejection letter earlier this week. It was a very pleasant letter, actually, although it didn't provide anything in the way of applicant statistics.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Thanks Kirsteen. My mail always comes so late! :) (hey...i can't seem to get these emoticons to work. I can only get the smiley face...)

Guest habra

Hi Kirsteen, medwannabe,

I got one too. sorry about hearing that you guys got one too. I am wondeirng if this year would have anything good to offer at all. Hope you are still waiting to hear from other schools and that you get at least some good news this year.

licking the wounds :)

H

Guest TimmyMax

Hi MedsWannabe,

Just for the record, there is NOTHING wrong with going 0/5- I totally did my first year applying to meds! (Not to suggest that you are going to go 0/5 by any stretch of the imagination, MedsWannabe, I sincerely hope that you get thickvelopes from Mac and UO, rather, I'm just saying that it does happen, but it doesn't necessarily mean that you are a bad candidate :) )

The important thing is to try and understand what went wrong and what you can do to improve on it for next time around. My second time applying I did considerably better- I knew the drill, knew what to expect and made the necessary changes such that I was ultimately successful! So keep your chin up because a lot of the time it's about knowing what to do when you get knocked down as it is delivering that knockout punch yourself!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest Kirsteen

Hi guys,

I just spoke to a pal of mine who received her Queen's rejection letter, and I was completely shocked to hear that she'd received one. In it was something that I think I'd missed somewhere along the lines with respect to the Queen's admissions process. She's a graduate student and her last two undergraduate years of school were above the GPA cut-off; she also passed this year's MCAT cut-offs. In the letter, however, it stated that she did not receive an interview because her third year did not contain all third year or higher courses, and her fourth year did not contain all fourth year courses. Is this a new policy?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest drews97

That seems really strange since I did get an interview and I definitely didn't have only 3rd year courses in my 3rd year, etc. I would find out what this means if I was her!!!

Guest BCgirl

Hey Kirsteen,

are you sure that it said ALL "X year" and higher courses? I thought it just had to be 3/5 or something like that... and then I thought it was just pretty much higher than 1st year courses... otherwise I think I would have been in trouble.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi guys,

I'm just going by what she told me today, as I didn't read the letter for myself. Like I said, it surprised me since I knew she'd made the cuts and I'd never heard of such a policy previously. I'll let her know what you've mentioned here though and let her pursue it if she feels it's warranted.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest RAK2005

My recommendation is to call/go into admissions and clear it up. Last year a friend of mine (now in 1st year) was initially rejected by Queen's (he was in grad school too). Apparently there was some strange bug in the OMSAS program which automatically rejected him on a bogus issue. On follow-up, he was re-evaluated and received an interview invite !

Better safe than pee'd off eh ?

• 3 years later...

Archived