Premed 101 Forums

Comments on the interview weekend

Guest QM6

Hope everyone that came by this weekend had a great interview and a great time at Queen's, it was a lot of fun for our class too! If anyone has any comments to make things even better for round 2 later this month, or comments of any sort, let us know - to meds2006@meds.queensu.ca or right here. Thanks!

Guest peachy

I thought it was really great, and was very impressed. I was especially impressed by the turnout from your class - I think it says a lot when a third of your class shows up to help out on a Sunday!

The interview itself was just sooooo friendly. Whether I get in or not, I'll be happy - I really felt like the interviewers were trying to get to know ME not my interviewing skills. I appreciated that there was a chance for us to give feedback on the interview, too.

The bus tour was really great, too. It was worth coming out to the whole interview just to improve my Canadian history :)

All-in-all, a very positive experience. Thanks for all your efforts in organizing it!

Guest RedPill79

ok, so if everyone i talked to had a good, relaxed interview than how do the interviewers decide on how to rank the candidates. I got nooo indications from my interviewers at all. It was friendly and on several occasions we laughed together but still, from what i hear from others, everyone had a good impression afterwards.

I had a great time at Queen's this past weekend. My interviewers were very nice and made me feel extremely comfortable. But, I am now wondering the same thing as RedPill79.....it seems that everyone had this type of experience. How are they going to decide????? Now the waiting begins :P

To all Queen's students....thanks for the great weekend!!

Guest multifish

The interview itself was pretty good -- my interviewers were big on testing whether the things on my sketch were true (e.g. I put that I speak so-so Spanish, and one of the interviewers began speaking to me in that language), and they seemed quite friendly (enough so that I didn't have to worry about "being myself", as everyone tells you to be..my problem is that sometimes I am too much myself!). Some of the questions were tough (defining events in Canadian history), but I didn't get the infamous kitchen appliance question. My billet was super-nice, and made me feel right at home. The med students I talked to were friendly and informative, although I never actually met anyone from my small group except the leader, and he disappeared after five minutes of talking and I never saw him again. The bus tour was entertaining in a hokey kind of way. Overall it was a positive experience, thank you to everyone who made it possible.

Guest ozymandiasking29

I'd just like to thank whoever put together the list of possible interview questions on the queen's website - practically all the questions I got were on the list, so I felt well prepared. I too had a good experience but couldn't really tell what the interviewers were thinking... guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Guest MellowYellow

Glad to hear that everybody had a good experience here. Some of you have concerns as to how you are being ranked. My advice is this: DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!

Just think how much you have done to get to this point: getting a good GPA, MCAT, extracurricular activities, reference letters, essays, and interviews... And now you are finally done, you should really relax and enjoy life for the next several months, because you've done your best and everything is out of your hand now.

For those who haven't had their interviews at Queen's yet: post your questions and concerns on the board, several of us visit this site regularly and we'll answer your questions ASAP.

Multifish: who was your billet? I'm the billeting coordinator and I would like to give my deserving classmate a pat to the back (don't give full name, his/her initials will do)

Patrick

Queen's 06

Guest BCgirl

I wanted to thank the med I class at Queen's. I thought you guys did a great job making us interviewees feel welcome! Thanks for all your hard work! :) Queen's seems like a great school.

And for others that are waiting to interview at Queen's. Don't stress about it. My interview was really relaxed... nothing to stress out about.

good luck!

Guest medicator007

multifish,

Judging from the rarity of aquatic ecologists applying to McGill I imagine we met at the interviewee "Dinner" (aka cheap pizza) the thursday before your interview. I'm the paramedic who did invertebrate biology.

I think i got the right person.... in either case.... good luck with McGill, Queen's and anywhere else you applied!

Medicator007

Guest multifish

Hey Medicator007,

yeah, I think the combination of doing aquatic ecology and the ingeniously secretive name 'multifish' totally give me away. I remember you too...everyone at McGill was so super nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived