Premed 101 Forums

Interview chances

Guest drews97

Guest drews97

Just curious as to what ones chances of getting accepted are after interviews. How many do they interview, how many get outright accepted, how many do they put on the waiting list and how many places doews the waiting list move. If anyone knows the answeres to these questions I'd appreciate it!

Guest MellowYellow

If you have interviewed and went to our info session, you should have the answers already.

For those who missed the info session or have yet to come: last year 460 people were interviewed. 100 acceptance letters were sent out on June 1st, and more were sent out as people declined the offer.

In total 200-230 acceptance letter were sent out last year (I forgot the exact figure, but i remember it's just a tad less than half of the interviewees)

Hope that helps

Patrick

Queen's 06

That's right, there are exactly 464 interviews this year, and the class size will be the same too.

The ~1/2 chance of getting an acceptance (including waitlist offers right up to August) is also a fair estimate; for any med school without a provincial quota it usually hovers around 1/2 to 1/3 after interviews.

Good luck all!

• 3 years later...

Archived