Premed 101 Forums

Getting to Kingston

Guest BCgirl

I was wondering if people who are familiar with Toronto and Kingston could give me some advice for getting to Kingston.

I'm flying into Toronto in the morning. Then I'll be taking either the bus or the train to Kingston. Which one would be better? I was thinking that I would rather take the train, but the bus leaves right from the airport. Does anyone know of an easy way to get from the airport to the train station?

Thanks! :)

Hey BCgirl,

If you're flying Air Canada, see if you can catch another flight to Kingston, that's the easiest, quickest, and will only cost an extra $140 return. (If you have already booked your TO flight, you'll likely need to book the extension through a travel agent rather than online, otherwise you'll be paying for a seperate TO-K'ton flight). Another option since you're flying in is to take the Airport Shuttle service from the airport straight to Kingston's bus station. There are only three a day, so it's not super convenient, but much easier than trying to get downtown to take the train. Finally, as you mentioned, the final option is to get onto a downtown shuttle that will take you to Union station. Those buses only depart from terminals 2 and 3, I believe, but it's easy enough to get to those terminals from terminal 1. From Union station, you can jump on a train. I don't believe that the airport bus stops at the bus station, but it's downtown as well, so you could make your way there on your own. As is usually the case, the bus is cheaper than the train, but both stations in Kingston are outside of the downtown area, so you need to catch a cab either way once you're in K'ton. Have fun, and good luck on your interview.

T

Hi BCgirl,

The airport shuttle to kingston (Coach Canada) also drops off right on campus, which avoids the whole taxi situation altogether. It's about $45 one-way, i think. Although the train might be faster, you'll have to take a taxi to Union station which is quite far from the airport, plus another taxi when you get to kingston.

• 3 years later...

Archived