Premed 101 Forums

grades for this year

Guest coldspell

Guest coldspell

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how much this year's grades matter...I know the final offer is based on the autobiographical materials and interview, but if your final grades pull your average (cumulative and last two years) below the 3.59 gpa cutoff, is your offer rescinded? Is it a hard and fast cutoff, or will, say, a 3.55 be fine?

I know I'm getting waaaaaay ahead of myself, but I'm a) curious, B) slightly worried and c) the world's best procrastinator.

Thanks

Hey coldspell,

You're right, you are getting ahead of yourself... but that's okay, we're all like that. =)

Here's hoping you don't have to find out about what happens if you're accepted but your final grades fall below 3.59... but if it comes to that, there is an Admissions Committee that can consider the circumstances. It's not like the computer will get your final transcript from OMSAS and automatically send a rejection.

Hope this helps!

Guest coldspell

Hi QM6,

Thanks for your response; I hope I don't have to find out either. I suppose I'd rather get rejected on my own merit (or lack thereof) than rescinded, also on my own merit (or lack thereof). And so, I'm going to attempt to study, so as to avoid the rescinding.

Thanks again

• 3 years later...

Archived