Premed 101 Forums

Interviews?

Guest BCgirl

Guest exhumedcorpse33

The interview dates for Queen's this year are March 1,2,22,23 and I heard that the invites come around the 2nd or 3rd week of February.

Guest Da Birdie

YupYup

according to my classmates the invites are sent out today

it should take 2 (3) business days to get to places within Ontario, so expect some mails by Friday or early next week! : )

I think the pkg should include a billeting list, a congrats letter, and stuff regarding the interview weekend itself~

good luck guys! :hat

KC

Queen's Meds2006

Hey all,

As far as I know, you should be getting an official "You got an interview!" letter from the Admissions Office, a similar one from the 2006 class council (available at the 2006 class website) directions on how to get here, and contact info for the interview and billeting coordinators.

Basically the idea is this - once you get the official notification, there'll be a _lot_ of updates and more info (ie schedule of events, detailed map, locations of presentations, interviews and social events, etc) at meds.queensu.ca/~meds2006/applying.html , so be sure to check back regularly.

Sit tight, relax and see you soon!

Guest Nightrider

ok...so if anyone (especially someone at Queen's) could help me with this problem I would be REALLY REALLY grateful...

Here's my story: I have met all the Queen's interview cut-offs (I have 3.87 GPA, 12/12/14/N MCAT). The problem is that my MCAT writing sample was originally reported as an M and then raised to an N later. I found out that the MCAT people did not let OMSAS know this until this week...and U of T let me know that they only received the amendment TODAY. Which means that Queen's probably didn't know this when they were doing interview invites. My question is will I get an invite once they know about the revised MCAT score? and if I get a rejection based on my original score can I fight it based on the fact that I met all the cut-offs?

Hey Nightrider,

You're asking in the wrong place... get on the phone straight away and tell the Admissions Office about it!

Hope everything works out, good luck!

Guest Nightrider

Thanks QM6!

I had e-mailed the Admissions office yesterday and they replied today and said that my application would be moved forward for interview...so all is well. :)

Guest Raid123

Hey, Just got my queens invite for March 1st.

My second time applying (interviewing) Hopefully it works out this time.

Will I be seeing anyone else from here on the first?

Guest Raid123

Hey,

My first time applying was actually 2 yrs ago. Coming out of the interview, i knew i had made a couple of mistakes in terms of answering questions not as eloquently as I should have. At one point I was asked whether I would send my child (if i had one) to a private school or a public school (we were discussing jumping queues and private healthcare when this question was thrown at me) and I kind of sat on the fence.

My advice is that this one is less stressful than the one at the other schools (my personal opinion). But you have to shine in some way. Make them feel that you really really want to become a doctor. Sound excited, as you should be, at being granted the interview and about medicine in general.

They need to separate you somehow from the rest of the crowd considering that they inteview so many: 450+ for only 100 spots.

By the way, does any one know how long the waitlist is for this school and how many usually get in?

Guest Namgalsip

Hey, Congrats to all that have received interviews. I received the good news myself on Jan 31st :P . I will be joining all those intviewing on March 22. Hope to see you there!

Nams

Guest coldspell

Well, I guess it's that time of year where paranoia rules...I live in Toronto and haven't recieved a queen's invite yet (made the cutoffs). Anyone else in the same boat, or have most people heard already? I miss my sanity...

I'm in the same boat as you Coldspell, but I live in Kingston. I know someone who got theirs today and they have the same last initial as I do, so where's mine?!

I'll give it another day then I'll go ask them in person

Archived