Premed 101 Forums

Physical Sciences prereq

Guest macdaddyeh

Guest macdaddyeh

Hi everyone. I'm esentially new to posting but I too am interested in applying to Queens (albeit not until next year). My question is, as per Queens prereq policy concerning a "physical science" what does that mean exactly. I know physics would apply but I ask because I have ALOT of environmental sciences courses ie. intro enviro sci, climatology, (these are not to be confused with geography courses or social science courses: here at U of T they are taught as science). How exactly does one know what qualifies (Queen's website even mentions geology as a possible physical Science but that's it..no mention of anything else to my knowledge). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi macdaddyeh,

I know it's not really of any immediate help, but in order to keep your possibilities as wide open as possible you would be best off to give Queen's medical school admissions office a shout and ask them to define their pre-requisites. Also, if they don't happen to mention any of the courses that you have in mind as using towards the physical sciences pre-requisites you could give them a description of your course(s) and ask them flat-out if any of them would fit the bill.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi again,

I'll try to keep this response validly within the parameters of the Queen's thread and start off with: Queen's, UofT, Ottawa, UBC, Calgary, Manitoba and Alberta.

Cheers and best of luck!

Kirsteen

• 3 years later...

Archived