Premed 101 Forums

Ontario Budget

Guest MAR

I've heard that the government might be paying for new places to open up sometime in August. Thus some people might get in late in the summer. Does anyone know if the 10 new spots (bringing the class up to 100 from 90) takes this into account or if there maybe even more spaces added due to the budget?

Guest Liana

Those 10 spots were made official a few months ago, from what I understand. It would seem to me that this announcement is independent from any previous funding promises, but whether Queen's plans to apply that extra funding to this class (ie, whether they currently have the physical space, or the government actually makes the funds available prior to September) is probably the deciding factor as to whether this will apply to this year's class or not.

Rather than seeking speculation, contact the Department of Medicine directly and ask if these funds will come into play immediately. By the sounds of it, any new seats may help those on Queen's extended (over last year's) waiting list, but aren't the pipe dream we rejected applicants are fishing around for. :)

• 4 years later...

Archived