Premed 101 Forums

Please post if off the waitlist

Guest Sumi23

Guest john

Sumi 23,

They will not be giving out wait listed offers until at least June 17th, they wait until all 1st round offers are accepted/declined/provisional. So, don't expect anything this week, but be by the phone next Monday June 17th as that is when the beginning of 2nd round offers go out!

My Queen's response was due by June 10th. So I think it might be possible that people who were waitlisted could hear before June 17th.

Good luck to everyone waiting :)

Guest silver

heads up... i got a call from Anne Cumpson this morning, offering me a place on the waitlist. she already knew that i had been accepted at other schools, and she kinda wanted to hear know whether i was going to commit to queens, but she's going to send the letter anyway. good luck to all those waiting!

Guest Queens Hopeful

Congrats silver! Are you leaning towards attending Queen's? Also, did she mention anything about how many offers will be going out over the next few days?

Guest silver

It was initially my first choice, but after they waitlisted me, i prepared myself for staying in van for UBC next year. now i'm just sort of torn...

she didn't say anything about waitlist movements. something i heard tho: last year they went through over 140 on the w.l. so odds are good!

Guest Sumi23

Hey Congrats Silver!

Just wondering, did anne cumpson tell you about the 140 offers made to waitlist applicants last year? Once you get the letter, did she tell you how long you have to decide? Thanks for answering all my questions.

Sumi23

Hey silver:

You mentioned that the office was aware of the other offers that had been made to you. Were these Ontario schools or others outside of ontario. Thanks.

Guest Queens Hopeful

So I guess that means Queen's has an earlier decline date than the other Ontario schools? I thought you didn't have to decide until June 14th.

Guest silver

no, mrs. cumpson didn't tell me about the 140 last year... but i know this to be true from another source. and i thought ontario schools only communicated with other ont schools, but she knew about my acceptances at ubc and u of a, so i guess they're more sophisticated than that.

Guest Queens Hopeful

I'm 99% sure the offer was an acceptance from the waitlist. I don't think they'd give someone that was initially rejected a place on the waitlist afterwards.

Guest silver

she offered me a place from off the waitlist to next year's class. i suppose people who were initially accepted sent in their declination right away, and probably a few spots opened up early. i don't anticipate the big rush of invites will occur until after the reply deadline (someone said this was the 17th?...)

Guest cheech10

For Queen's my reply was due by the 10th, so there should be some movement now, but I suspect there'll be more after July 2nd/3rd

Guest Queens Hopeful

For those who have gotten off the Queen's waitlist (I guess that means you, silver), how long did they give you to decide whether to accept the offer or not?

Guest silver

finally got the letter in the mail today. it states that the offer was made june 10 (the day she called me) and i have until june 21 to reply. so really not much time... that means the waitlist should move pretty quick.

Archived