Premed 101 Forums

Please post if off the waitlist

Guest Sumi23

nothing today. does anyone know the _latest_ they'd call (ie late august? day before orientation?), or if they'd let us know if all the spots are already firmly filled?

Guest UWOMED2005

Med school waitlists can still move right up until the first few days of classes. One of the guys I met at my Queen's interview a year and a half ago mentioned he was called the last weekend of August. I've even heard rumours of people getting calls from medical schools AFTER classes start, replacing someone who dropped out, but I don't know whether thats ever happened for Queens.

One girl in my class this last year heard the day before orientation...she was all ready to head off to Ireland and then got the phone call. So, you never know!

Guest Da Birdie

Hi guys

please refer to the accepted/waitlisted/rejected thread above for details..

i got the waitlist-removal notification in physical mail today (it was mailed to calgary) : )

Guest Sumi23

Congrats Da Birdie!

So, if I have got this right, they didn't call you before they sent you the letter? You must have been really surprised to find a letter from queen's. If you don't mind sharing, when was the letter dated and postmarked? THank you ever so much. :)

Guest Da Birdie

Thanx sumi23~!

um..i dunno if they actually called or not, cuz the mail arrived at my home address in Calgary (my dad received it and faxed it <several pages> to me in toronto)

(maybe they called while nobody's at home..so they decided to send a physical mail)

the letter is dated on June 11 and i must decide be4 June 21 ..

Goood luck to you Sumi23!

and to all who are waiting : )

Guest JSS02

Well, I just received an acceptance from Queen's in the mail today. I did not get called by them.

I was actually about to send in my acceptance to Western, and withdraw from the Queen's waitlist today, but forgot the forms at home. I still think that I prefer Western though (will decide for sure by tonight, and send in an acceptance to OMSAS tomorrow).

i also got an offer off the waitlist today. the letter is dated 17 june, postmarked 18 june and came in a regular white envelope. it cost them 77 cents to mail. (for all us admissions-obsessed people...)

i have until 27 june to accept, and they also need a copy of your birth certificate or citizenship card, so if you want to get ready for the lucky letter, copy away!

good luck to everyone else! remember, faith and patience, faith and patience.

Guest chachach

i'm finally off the waitlist (postmarked june 18) .

10/12/10/S and a 3.77 gpa. - i will accept.

see you all in september!

Guest bubbagump

Hey Sumi23,

Are you still hoping for Queen's? It doesn't seem like any of the wait lists are moving very fast.

Good luck.

Guest Sumi23

Hey Bubbagump,

I will be hoping for Queen's as long as I can. After July 3rd my provisional acceptance at Mac will become firm and I will have to say goodbye to Queen's. So I only have a few days left.

Sumi23

Guest silver

congrats sumi! i guess you're accepting the offer...

just a question: what made you decide on queens? you're from ubc, right? i'm just stuck in a rut right now and trying to decide between the two, and i remember that queens was your first choice. any advice?

Guest sydney

Sumi23,

I have been following your plight!! Congrats on the Queen's offer...guess you will not be taking MAC? Just curious as I am patiently waiting for that elusive call from my alma matter. Again, congrats, I knew that Queen's was what you really wanted!!

Sydney

Guest BC Guy

In the works, UBC med students will do their first 2 years at UBC and then the clerkship? will be divided with time at Vancouver, Victoria and Prince George. Not sure when this will start though, didn't ask.

Guest BC Guy

In the works, UBC med students will do their first 2 years at UBC and then the clerkship? will be divided with time at Vancouver, Victoria and Prince George. Not sure when this will start though, didn't ask.

Guest Sumi23

Thanks Sydney and Silver! Yes, I will be attending Queen's this fall if i can get all this paperwork done for omsas and queen's on time and then decline Mac.

Both Mac and Queen's are excellent schools but they are very different. I just thought that Queen's would suit my learning needs and personality better. I just loved the city when I was there for my interview. Sure it was a little cold and there were still flurries in March but it was so beautiful (sorta reminded me of stanley park in vancouver). The students there had such enthusiasm and were so friendly. Also the teaching style at Queen's is what I think would be the best way for me to learn (lectures + pbl) as this is what i am used to. It's kinda hard to put into words but I just thought it sorta clicked for me there and that I could really see myself growing as a person and enjoying four years there.

Silver: I would go to Queen's, if I got accepted to UBC, to have a change of scenary and to have the experience of going to school and living somewhere else. I have been literally living at IRC for 2 years almost and I don't want to go back to it for a while. :o

Of course, tuition and moving away from family are big factors too and I know you had mentally prepared yourself to stay in vancouver. hmm... I see the pickle you are in. THe only thing I can say is that pick the place where you think you are going to enjoy yourself overall... the place which will not only give you the medical school education that you been looking for but also the place that will complement your personality, your needs and keep you a happy person.

I don't know if that makes any sense.... I hope it does.

Anyways, I am little delirious right now. The excitement hasn't worn off. If you come to Queen's I look forward to meeting you.

Sumi23

• 4 years later...

Archived