Premed 101 Forums

How long is the waiting list?

Guest Waiting

Guest Waiting

Got my letter today from Queens, and I am waitlisted. Does anybody know how long is the waiting list? What are the chances to be accepted later? Anybody has statistics from previous years?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm fed up with MORE waiting...

Guest Sumi23

I just called the MD office and I was told that there are about 200 people on the waiting list. Some odds there.... :(

Can anybody confirm this? Maybe i heard wrong... the wait list was much shorter last year I think.

Guest waiting

You could be right about the 200... If the waitlist is really about 200, then our chances of getting off is slim. Can someone who know the exact number please help us? Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!

Guest Sarah371

They usually move fairly far along the waiting list. My year for 80 students I think they offered about 150-160 acceptances. With 20 spots over that they will probably offer more so they will move down the waiting list.

They only send out the 100 acceptances (minus the number of deferrals) at first so they should start moving down the waiting list fairly soon.

Good luck to all waiting.

Guest Sumi23

I just got off the phone with MD admissions again. They must recognize my voice by now... hehehe

Well i was told that 100 acceptances were sent out so there may not have been any deferrals. As i mentioned earlier the waitlist is about 200. I was also told that the entire waitlist was exhausted last year HOWEVER, they only had a waitlist about 100 people long.

• 4 years later...

Archived