Premed 101 Forums

To Grace12

Guest Sumi23

Guest Sumi23

Hey,

I read your post about you getting the letter from ontario today. Was it from Queen's or from another school? Are you going to QUeen's if you got accepted or sticking with UBC? I hope my post isn't too nosy. I am just curious. Thanks for your help.

Guest Grace12

The acceptance I got today was for Queen's. Since I am from BC I think I ultimately want to stay here. If there is any competition from an Ontario school for me, it would be from UofT and I won't know if that is even an option until next week. But I will be sending the Queen's form back with a decline to accept, so someone on the waitlist is in.

Cheers

Hi Grace12:

Could you tell me if you also received info regarding residence at Queens? Did it arrive in a separate envelope? I received residence info with no info regarding my acceptance or rejection status.

Any info would help.

Guest Grace12

No I didn't get anything regarding residence at Queen's the only thing that was included was a blue brochure on Medical House, which I think first year med students can apply to live in. Is that what was sent to you???

Hi Grace12:

No, the pamphlet I received was different. I received a white envelope from "Residence Admissions - Victoria Hall". Included in the envelope was a brochure and several documents. The brochure is mainly black and white on the cover and red on the back. On the cover is has 2 people walking towards what looks like a residence and in red letters it says "Living Learning Leading, 2002". The documents include (1) an application to residence with a header that says "Application - Graduate and Professional Studies, Residence Application Form", (2) a copy of the residence contract with a header that says "Queens University 2002-2003 Residence Contract", and (3) a pink paper copy of "Residence Fee Schedule".

This is really strange. Did you receive this before you offer perhaps? Did they send these to everyone that interviewed?

Guest Grace12

No I didn't get anything to do with residence. That's kinds of weird. Is it posted from the Medical Office, because as the return address mine has a stamp in red that shows it's from there. Did you do your undergrad at Queen's, so that housing would have your address? I will let you know if anything like that shows up in the mail tomorrow.

No, I didn't do my undergrad at Queens. My only affiliation with Queens is my application to medical school. The envelope itself came from "Residence Admissions, Victoria Hall". This is really strange.

Did anyone else out there receive anything like this at any point in the application process?

Guest BennyG

Dear cgb,

In Friday's mail delivery, I received the same information package that you described. I was also puzzled - am I accepted or is this some psychological test? If this is a psychological test, does rummaging through the envelope looking for a letter from the medical school, plus some obligatory swearing and ranting, count as a "pass"? Basically, if I do not receive a reply from Queen's medical school on Monday, I am calling the admissions office. Period.

Best wishes,

BennyG

Guest BennyG

Hi,

I just read RAK's "VERY IMPORTANT" post about residency info. Yeah! It is good news!

Good luck everyone,

BennyG

Dear BennyG:

Did you read the post by RAK2006??? Well, it contained great news. It says that if you received a package containing residence info, you also should have received an offer of admission. There was some kind of mix-up in admissions. Check it out. There are a few of us in the same boat.

Your post made me laugh. I know exactly how you feel. I didn't have the correspondence in hand (sent to my permanent address rather than my school address), but I've been on the phone non-stop asking them to describe its contents in great detail. This is so surreal! I'll feel a lot better when I contact the admissions office tomorrow to verify my status. You just never know.

Good Luck!!

Guest Beaver

I got the same residence info on Friday. I remember thinking that was weird......Why are these mules sending me rez info if I haven't even been accepted? Obviously the ladies in the admin office left out the least important thing, The Offer Letter. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless Rak is playing a really evil joke, but some how I highly doubt that....so Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Grace12

Guys, I finally got the residence info pack, it came 2 days after the acceptance letter and in a different big 8x11 envelope (whereas the acceptance letter is in a regular sized white envelope). Like the other thread says, you are good as in. Congratulations to all of you, what a weird way to find out, keeps the suspense building I guess.

• 4 years later...

Archived