Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Accepted!!!

I'm super excited and surprised to get into Queen's!

3rd Year

GPA: 3.75

MCAT: 37R

ECs: Worked for 2 years in residence, volunteered with a youth organization for 6 years, and have been exec for 2 university clubs. I also have one summer of research and a publication from that summer.

Interview: I felt great about all but one MMI station. I loved the panel too, but later I had some brief doubts.

I had the deposit amount on my account yesterday and then SOLUS updated at midnight to an offer. :)

As a note to future applicants, I used a high school teacher as my academic reference and it apparently worked!

Accepted!!!

4th year applicant

wGPA: 3.88

MCAT: 37Q

ECs: First Responder, high- level charity involvement, shadowing and coaching among others.

Interview: Thought it was by far my worst, was not sharp at all and didn't connect during the panel. Luckily I wasn't as bad as it seemed.

Queens is in my top group but planning to just enjoy the moment and decide next week.

GPA: 3.94

MCAT: 12PS/11VR/12BS

ECs: I didn't plan on going to med school until last year so none of my ECs have medically related experience (except for one small one). Mainly student council (president), member of some local and international executive committees (nothing saving the world, mainly professional societies), volunteering, very little research, no pubs. However, I had some decent experiences like working abroad, etc. that might have given me an edge.

Interview: Thought it went ok. Nothing spectacular but didn't screw up too much.

Have no idea what school I'm going to choose. Queen's was my top choice and the only one that I was waitlisted for so I might wait right to the deadline to decide. UWO and Alberta are my next top. U of T did not impress me but it's still under consideration.

Waitlisted

4th year applicant

cGPA: 3.85

MCAT: 12P/12VR/13B

EC: Nothing too spectacular. Ton of hours as an engineering tech, volunteering at senior's home, president of pre-med club, church involvement, some epi research but no pubs yet.

MMI: Panel went pretty well I though, as for most of the stations. Definitely one or two I floundered a bit on though.

Queen's is definitely my top choice, so here's to hoping!

Waitlisted

Timestamp 9:07 am

5th Year UG, just graduating now

GPA: 2 best years 3.73, cGPA of 3.41

MCAT: 12PS/12VR/13BS, S

ECs: University first response team, lots of different research experiences (no papers though), unique jobs (eg. forest firefighting), charity work (biked across Canada), very strong overall I think

Interview: Thought I bombed two of the MMI Stations, but the rest seemed to go pretty well

Applied: Toronto, McMaster, Queen's, Western, NOSM

Interview Invites: Queen's, Western

Offers: Western

Waitlisted: Queen's

Accepted!

MSc complete

OMSAS GPA 3.2 (undergrad...oops) 3.9 (graduate)

MCAT 40R (14PS/13VR/13BS/R)

ECs - Things I am passionate about

Interview - Thought I botched the MMI, thought the panel was okay but didn't feel AMAZING. They were nice.

Accepted at UofA, UofC, UBC, and Queen's, so pretty torn right now. Big decisions to make.

Accepted at queens

omsas gpa 3.83

mcat 10/10/11/S

I have already declined my offer to Queen's and opted for UofT St. George. I hope this makes someone's day :)

Congrats to all those who were accepted. WL'ers keep your head up and hang in there!

3rd year undergrad

GPA: 3.93

MCAT: 34R (11/11/12)

EC: Decent.

First time applying. Will be accepting offer if I am lucky enough to receive one.

Does anyone know if Queen's sends out offers as soon as there are openings? What is the usual waiting time for us waitlisters?

• 2 weeks later...

Master's student finishing this year (Neuroscience, Queen's)

Life science undergrad (Queen's)

Undergrad Queen's GPA: 3.72

MCAT: 36S (11,12,13)

ECs: varsity athletics all 6 years at Queen's, hospital volunteering

Publications: 1 first author paper, another pending. Conference presentations

I thought the interview went very well, left feeling confident (both MMI and panel)

Waitlisted, offer made May 29th

I'll be accepting! Very happy to be coming and excited to meet everyone

Good luck to everyone else waiting for an offer

4th year Undergrad: U of T Life Sciences

wGPA: 3.92, cGPA: 3.67

MCAT: 36R (14,10,12)

ECs: 6yrs hospital volunteering, princeton review ochem instructor, research in anesthesia and nutrition, etc..

Thought the MMI went terribly. I liked 2 stations, the rest were terrible or just OK. Panel went well though!

I got the waitlist offer yesterday, May 29th, and I accepted!

Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist, and I'm excited to meet everyone in September!

3rd year undergrad, mac health sci

cGPA: 3.88

MCAT: 31S (11/10/10)

ECs: Chair of 2 university clubs, long-term volunteering in senior homes, volunteering with at-risk children, some geriatrics research (no publications and did not have much in my ABS about the research since most of the work was done this year), completed a 7 year dance training program.

Interview: did nott feel good about MMI. 2 good stations, 2 mediocre, 2 were awful! I felt good about panel, asked some specific questions at the end that were received well.

Offered admission on May 29th at 4:12pm (via email) and I intend on accepting!

I remember reading this thread last year and looking at everyone's stats, so feeling really proud to be able to finally post in this thread. Good luck to those on the waitlist and also those applying for the next cycle! Congrats to those accepted and I look forward to meeting you! :)

• 3 weeks later...

4th year UG

wGPA: 3.92

MCAT: 36R (13-10-13)

ECs: a mix of clinical and non-clinical volunteering over 3 years, member of several school clubs, research (no pubs), part-time tutoring, 9 years of Royal Conservatory piano

My gut feeling was that the interview went well, although a few stations were challenging

I received my acceptance today and am absolutely stoked! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this forum today!

Accepted May. 15th.

3rd year OOP

GPA: 3.99

MCAT: 42S (15BS, 13VR, 14PS)

EC's: Many diverse, but nothing medical related. Lots of high level sports (former olympic athlete). ETC.

Declined a couple days after as I am attending U of A. Just thought I would add my stats to the collection.

• 10 months later...

ACCEPTED! :D (after being rejected on Jan 31st!!!)

wGPA: 3.98?

MCAT: 14/10/13/Q

ECs: Tutoring, TA, exec of a few clubs, hospital shadowing, intramural, band, track and field, volunteer at a retirement home, a few academic awards etc

Year: UG, 4th year

Edit:

Felt the MMI was ok/decent, and I felt the panel was amazing