Premed 101 Forums

Final GPA= Important?

Guest tommygirl

Guest tommygirl

AT UWO, I know that 1st year admission is conditional of the fact that the candidate maintains the cutoff average in the final year of studies... Just wondering if this a provision at Queens, too...

Specifically, even if it is not written in the admiss regulations is it an "unsaid said" criterion.... I am not planning on failing this year (!) but should I be working my ass off for finals???

Guest strider2004

Queen's will probably look at your GPA to make sure that it is still above the cutoff this summer. So basically, if you're well above the cutoff now, then you don't have too much to worry about as long as you're in the 3.5 range. But if you just made the cutoff, then try to get above 3.57 this year.

Guest RAK2005

If you did get an interview this year, and you are waiting on final approval, I'd make certain about your final marks requirement (i.e. call, or e-mail admissions)... nothing would be worse than getting an unexpected letter after-the-fact.

Anne Cumpson is really nice, and I'm sure you'd get a definative answer on that one... best of luck!

Rak (or any other person who knows this),

Do you know what cutoff was needed for an interview this year? I missed the info session.

Thank you

Guest RAK2005

Yup.... The GPA cutoff is 3.57 and the MCAT cut offs are 10 verbal and 9 in both biological and physical sciences (a minimum total of 30 overall) and N in writing sample.)

There ya go.

• 4 years later...

Archived