Premed 101 Forums

Just Curious..

Guest KINEguy

Guest KINEguy

Hello gang.

First off, I would just like to offer my humble gratitude to those who maintain and participate in this forum. I find it for the most part quite helpful and informative.

I have a question regarding GPA calculation at Queen's.

I understand that one of the ways to meet the GPA cutoff is your combined GPA of two most recent years.

I did a 4-year B.SC. at an Ontario university then subsequently completed a 2-year (with advanced standing) second degree at another university. My GPA at the first university can be summed as mediocre where as GPA from the second university is very high. I'm wondering if my GPA from the second university, it being the two most recent years of undergrad, would soley be used for GPA cutoff at Queen's.

Thanks in advance.

Guest RAK2005

According to the website, if your last two years are equal to the cut-off you should make the requirements... but I wonder if this is only if you have completed an undergrad degree ? The website states:

...cutoff is based on the cumulative converted grade point average (OMSAS Conversion Scale) of all years of undergraduate study.

Students who do not meet this cutoff but whose average in the most recent two years of undergraduate study is at or above the cutoff will be included in the group to be considered for the second cutoff.

Seems like a strange qualifier to me... I would call/e-mail the undergrad office and ask them just to be sure!

Guest KINEguy

I did see that on the Queen's website but still wasn't sure how it would apply to my case. I was hoping maybe someone with greater knowledge of admission process than me could verify this but I'll contact the admission office as you suggested.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MarcisWelby

I know of several people who were in the same situation as you, got interviews and are here now. So I would say you likely have a good chance.

• 4 years later...

Archived