Premed 101 Forums

May 31

Guest D

I know this is lame, but now that we're all done interviews at Queen's, it's time to start worrying about the next step - the decisions we'll be receiving in early June. :)

I guess it's probably too early to worry, but wondering doesn't hurt! Does the acceptance come in a big package, while the waitlist and rejection letters arrive in thin envelopes?

Guest RAK2005

If I remember correctly, the Queen's acceptance letter is actually sent in a realtively small envelope, with an OMSAS confirmation form (to accept, conditionally accept or decline). Once you give a definate acceptance you get the BIG package... I THINK that's how it goes (fellow Queen's meds can correct me if I'm wrong).

Back to ID.

I thought I read posts from last year that described the envelope as "slightly larger than average". ie, does "smallish" mean a standard letter envelope, or is it an unusual shape?

For those of us who like to psych ourselves up. :)

Guest RAK2005

To be VERY specific, I think it was brown coloured, and about 6 X 10 "... But still thin though. I remember having to have my brother open it up for over the phone for me, and he started off by saying "doesn't look good, it's a thin envelope", only to reveal the good news ! Don't get too psyched out by the package.

Guest hulahulahula

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, in the info. session it was mentioned that students can conditionally accept to wait for responses from other Ontario schools. Does the conditional acceptance also work if you are waiting for responses from other med schools outside Ontario like in the West?

Guest JSS02

Conditional acceptances mean you're still waiting for a decision from another Ontario school. After July 3 (or something like that), your decision becomes final, and you're automatically pulled off waitlists at all Ontario schools. However, if another school from outside the province takes you, you're still free to go there even after July...

• 4 years later...

Archived