Premed 101 Forums

Interviewfeedback of Queen's

Guest Jase133

Guest from the wild west

the student and the Doc were ok, but the community member was hard to read. The 3 hour time change disadvantaged me, so I was not as eloquent as I would have liked to be. It was very nice of the med students to make the time to take us out to dinner. Here's hoping!

Guest bluesky125

The interviewers were very nice. They really try to make you feel comfortable. However, one of my interviewers was very interested in world and health care issues so knowledge in those two areas will be very helpful.

Guest onionsneakers

community member started off the interview, so i thought she was the faculty member. didn't realise that she wasn't the faculty member til halfway through! in retrospect, i think when i realised this i immediately shifted my attention to the faculty member - perhaps not a good thing if this was an intended distraction (i've heard that others also thought their community member was the faculty member). the community member was the most interested interviewer. the faculty member (dr. jain, who i presume is a jain?) held a neutral expression throughout. the student had a permanent smile and was really friendly. all questions were straightforward - why meds, why you, what/who are your role models, what your greatest failure and how did you handle it, etc.

everything seemed fine, but i assume this has applied in the past for those who didn't get in..

kingston's actually seems like a great place to go! the student's sold the school really well. didn't have any contact with faculty members, very little with school admin.

Guest JSS02

The interview was relaxed overall... I'm not sure I really "clicked" with the doctor and community member, who were kind of stone-faced. The student interviewer seemed really nice.

BTW, thanks to Meds 2005 for hosting the events this weekend and letting us hang out with you. All the people I met were really cool...

• 4 years later...

Archived