Premed 101 Forums

Interviews this weekend "rigged"

Guest WorriedMD2BE

Guest WorriedMD2BE

I was overhearing some faculty members today talk about the med school interviews. I heard some disconcerting comments that interviewees of this weekend is at a disadvantageous and more to "interview for waitlists."

Can anyone independently verify this? What's happening here?

Guest Ian Wong

? I wouldn't worry about it. If you have an interview, then go out there and show your stuff. You're still going to get an evaluation and a scoring just like every other person who interviewed earlier than you did; it isn't like they're out to "under-mark" you from this time period onwards.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

I really can't see how interviews could be "rigged" Getting an interview is based solely on your GPA and MCATs and nothing more. It's also not divided up by GPA since marks don't matter once granted an interview. Don't worry and good luck!

Guest worried too

thanks for the words of comfort. I know that it can not be based on the GPA because I have a 4.0 and am interviewing this sunday, and also I have very very good MCAt score. I wished I never had read about this rumour of "rigged".

Guest Sarah371

I'll just echo what Stridor said. There is no advantage to interviewing either weekend. As far as I know the selection committee has not even met yet. The admissions here are not "rolling" like in the States....therefore everyone is considered at once. Don't worry everyone has the same chance to hear the first week of June.

Guest Downupdown

My interview was approximately 30 minutes. I answered all the questions concisely (straight to the point) clicked with everyone in the room (we all had interests in common)..but, feel that perhaps it was too short? Perhaps quality over quantity? On the other hand, I've heard that the longer you engage them the better your chance? Like anyother interview, you want to use up the full-time.

Will someone put my mind to rest.

Guest worried too

my interview lasted 45 minutes and could have gone on longer but I did not click with the community member, but the other 2 I felt that I did

Guest Sarah371

Don't worry about the length of interview, half hour or 45 minutes is the time they give. When I interviewed the interview in general lasted 35-45 minutes. The only way that I would worry is if the shoved you out the door after 15 minutes.

If you had a good feeling about your interview then go with that not the length of time.....sit tight there is only 2 months left to wait.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry too much about the length, and like Sarah said if it wasn't 15 minutes, anything between 30-45 minutes is fine and doesn't mean anything significant.

When I was the interviewer my team let me control the time and I ended each interview almost exactly 45 minutes on the dot, even the worst candidate.

Sit tight, and good luck!

ya, another thing, the interviews are not rigged. I can assure you that this process is extremely fair and not a "rolling" process like in the U.S.

• 4 years later...

Archived