Premed 101 Forums

AQ score conversion?

• 1 month later...

I was also curious about this. If you have different scores in your cGPA (say 80) and your last two years (say 85) would they average the two and give you something like 23/25? And just to make things clear, they do NOT take the prereqs into consideration for the AQ conversion?

I was also curious about this. If you have different scores in your cGPA (say 80) and your last two years (say 85) would they average the two and give you something like 23/25? And just to make things clear, they do NOT take the prereqs into consideration for the AQ conversion?

I dont know the formula, but to give you an idea here are my scores from last year:

cGPA=83.4

last 60= 84.73

AQ=23.40

From what I know (and from what my score shows) the cGPA is weighted heavier than last 60. The admissions guys said they do this because if they were given equal weight it would, in effect, be "double counting" your last 60 credits of classes. So the last 60 definitely comes into effect but the cGPA is what will influence your AQ the most.

BTW, MCSpicerack. Your GPAs are unbelievably consistent (even down to the pre-reqs). Does your transcript consist of 88s, 89s and nothing else? :P

Thanks for the reply. So whats the point in calculating your pre-req GPA? Will they flag you if its a lot lower than your cGPA/last 2 years?

I think it's used much like your MCAT score. Not counted towards your AQ but, as you said, can be used as a flag if it's much lower than your other GPAs. What I've been told is they don't look at your pre-req GPA until post-interview, just like the MCAT score. So I guess they must use it as a tie-breaker or something like that.

Archived