Premed 101 Forums

Attaching Essay

I find that if I copy the essay from the document and paste it into a new Word document and save it as a new file, the size of the file decreases. I'm guessing it's because saving changes to the original document increases the size. Anyways, try it and see what happens.

I have this weird thing where on the original document file, I can fit everything in 2 pages. But when I copy and paste the stuff (as unformatted text) into a new doucment and reformat it into Times News Roman 12/1" margin,etc, it exceeds 2 pagse.

I found that the lines are cramped closer in my original doucment. If you don't want to delete text, maybe you can do that. But I decided not to, because they might frown up it....... and it's hard to read cramped lines anyway...

I talked to the ADCom this morning as I had the same problem...all the formatting was proper but file size was big. They told me that this is due to emailing...if you recieve you essay via email from someone it somehow increases the file size and doesn't reduce no-matter how many lines you cut out

The best way they suggested was to copy and paste the essay into a new document...somehow this makes the file size lower...

cheers

:)

I find that if I copy the essay from the document and paste it into a new Word document and save it as a new file, the size of the file decreases. I'm guessing it's because saving changes to the original document increases the size. Anyways, try it and see what happens.

That will fix the problem.

Archived