Premed 101 Forums

Okay, I'm curious, how many % left did you have for NAQ?

I have 20% left, but think I should really cut down on the activities and expan on the explanations.

Yeah I think you should...I have 0% left right now but have to do MAJOR editting...opposite of you: add more entries and get rid of some of the boring crap

Someone else mentioned that the boring crap will make it easier for the adcom to mark you higher in certain categories. :)

My opinion is that it's the content and quality of the activities that counts more than how many you had. You'd be surprised what the ad comm give and don't give marks for!!

It goes to say that this process is somewhat a shot in the dark: you put down what you can and hope they'll look favourably on it. As much as they try to make this process objective, there are different committees *I think* and they'll judge different activities differently.

I hope to Christ they will see through most of peoples' bs entries. I have 49% left! Most of my hours are in the 120-240 range. What have you guys been doing to fill the whole 3-pages?!

tooty,

Wow, 120-240 hour commitments are great. My ECs are really not that great (except for leadership and volunteering), hence, I had a few 30-50 hour ones. Honestly, I filled it up just because I could, even if it meant I was putting smaller commitments. I maxed out on the item descriptions for quite a few of them though.

Archived