Premed 101 Forums

Myth? (Regarding McMaster requiring verbal MCATs in the future)

I've heard from a few people that this coming year (2007 application cycle) McMaster will require you to submit your writing component mark on the MCAT

I Just checked the Mac's website and found no mention of this

But I just want to make sure...just in case I'm not searching for the right information

Sorry in advance if this topic has been brought up

thanks

-wisdomtooth

During the summer when I thought I had a snowball's chance I checked out Mac's site. Then it said that they were considering an "in house" verbal reasoning type activity for the Winter 2007 that applicants would complete on the net, ie. for this application cycle. I don't know where I found that. So, you don't have to worry if you haven't written the MCAT. When I saw it I got the impression it was going to be made in Mac's image of what a good verbal reasoning test should be.

They have been wanting to implement this sort of addition to their admissions process for several years now and haven't done it yet. I would hazard a guess that it may not happen even for next year as they are working so dilligently on their new curriculum and it has been delayed so much in the past.

That being said, I have absolutely no clue whether or not it will be a requirement next year. Their website says it will but only the big man knows.

GM

What I do know for sure, is that the verbal reasoning component of the MCAT WILL NOT be used for admissions 2007. In a few months (early 2007), a decision will be made whether or not they will implement the computerized verbal component of the MCAT for admissions 2008. So I wouldn't worry about this too much for right now. I'm sure that most people have enough to think about anyways ;)

Archived