Premed 101 Forums

timing

Hi, I seem to be having a hard time finishing perceptual and reading comprehension in the time given. I was just wondering whether people usually finish or not within the alotted time...or whether I'm just extremely slow. Thanks:)

Hi tlee,

I just wanted to comment on the above, I think most actually never finish Read com on time and still get a kick ass score. SO if u can only do a REALLY good 2 and a half passage, its much better than rushing 3 passages. From looking at how my classmates and myself, most of us can do about 2 and 1/4 and still get 24+. So if u feel u can do well at ur pace, then just stick with it, but ofcourse try ur best to do as much as u can.

In terms of perceptual, the above poster may be right. Most people do finish all sections with time left. Don't think too much about the answers, once u find one that fits the puzzle just go ahead and mark it down and continue. You'll find that most of the time ur right on ur first choice. Good luck!

That UT guy :)

Hmm, that is interesting regarding what you stated about the Reading section. I asked my colleagues and they all finished their reading sections. Some end up with great marks while others not quite. However, it could be that the sample survey is too small to be consistent.

Look at it this way, there are pre-meds that write the DAT as a back-up plan and their verbal is a lot harder than ours. If they can finish theirs on time, you would suspect that they have no trouble completing ours on time, hence skewing the proportion who do successfully finish.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey tlee,

It is extremely important that you are able to finish the reading comprehension on time. You have to remember there aren't very many questions. So you need to answer them all to get a really high score. For DAT scores in the twenties, it will drop one point or so for each question you get wrong or don't answer.

Rick.

Archived