Premed 101 Forums

Amcas Gpa

acemd

there are 4 ways to convert from percent to the amcas values, any idea which one, one from uoft would use? since none of them really correspond to uoft's percent--> gpa scale?

although that second one their looks mighty generous. 75-83 = 3.7 lol id love that

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm, I'm just wondering which one Western students would use.

I only get numerical grades (that I'm aware of seeing as I've never looked at an offical transcript). I'm hoping it's not 80-86 is an A-, because that would hurt my GPA. 75-83 would be fantastic! haha

80-86 will be a A-. if thats true at Uoft, it will be especially true at western :)

there are 4 ways to convert from percent to the amcas values, any idea which one, one from uoft would use? since none of them really correspond to uoft's percent--> gpa scale?

although that second one their looks mighty generous. 75-83 = 3.7 lol id love that

Your AMCAS GPA = UofT GPA. My science gpa was higher though...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All....

I applied to US schools this year and my GPA for US schools was much higher than my cumulative OMSAS gpa. I went to WESTERN and my OMSAS gpa was 3.76 yet my US one was 3.9. So, if you went to Western here are the rules: any mark of 80 and over will count as a 4.0 gpa. Sweet!

Archived