Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Scores Released!

KennethToronto

I'm surprised how low my scores are.

So question is, is there any benefit to me not to release my mcat scores?

If I plan on re-writing the MCAT and applying to UBC next year would I be better off having not shown them this score?

I would release them anyways. UBC will flag you for a poor MCAT score, but if you did really well in the other areas (GPA, EC's, interview), then there's still a chance you can get in - you've submitted your application anyways. If you wait until next year, they will still see your score because ALL the scores are released regardless of how many times you've written the MCAT. That is, if you re-wrote it next year, they'd see both this years and next years scores.

I would release them anyways. UBC will flag you for a poor MCAT score, but if you did really well in the other areas (GPA, EC's, interview), then there's still a chance you can get in - you've submitted your application anyways. If you wait until next year, they will still see your score because ALL the scores are released regardless of how many times you've written the MCAT. That is, if you re-wrote it next year, they'd see both this years and next years scores.

Thanks Smurfette :)

Archived