Premed 101 Forums

Help! I'm the perfect applicant!

medschoolapplicant

I got a 42S on the MCAT..:(. I was expecting a 45T and after getting this score, I am really dissapointed. My GPA is only a whopping 3.98 and my extracuricullars are through the roof. I volunteer in 6 non-for profit organizations, 9 different hospital and shadowed a doctor in Zimbabwe for the entire summer. I don't think this is competitive at all. Where can I apply with these? Should I consider a different career path? Please reply a.s.a.p. Thank you

I got a 42S on the MCAT..:(. I was expecting a 45T and after getting this score, I am really dissapointed. My GPA is only a whopping 3.98 and my extracuricullars are through the roof. I volunteer in 6 non-for profit organizations, 9 different hospital and shadowed a doctor in Zimbabwe for the entire summer. I don't think this is competitive at all. Where can I apply with these? Should I consider a different career path? Please reply a.s.a.p. Thank you

Ok. since you haven't discovered the cure for AIDS/Cancer nor have you rescued any babies from burning buildings...you're clearly ineligible for medicine.

Go apply to dental school instead.

I got a 42S on the MCAT..:(. I was expecting a 45T and after getting this score, I am really dissapointed. My GPA is only a whopping 3.98

Not bad for a bookworm:D

I volunteer in 6 non-for profit organizations, 9 different hospital and shadowed a doctor in Zimbabwe for the entire summer

You've irreprably padded your application. They're gonna see right through you.

I think you're going to have a problem with your interviews. When they ask you, "Tell me a time when you failed at something," you'll say, "Well, I got 88% on one of my courses, so it brought down my GPA. I was devastated." They'll think you have low self-esteem. I think you're a goner. Better apply for the job at Starbucks.

6 npo's and 9 hospitals? I don't think that's quite enough, IMHO. If you do a board search, most people here usually spend 54.3681158 hours working at the ER in a nearby hospital a week and an average of 37.4858 hours tutoring inner city kids. Good luck.

6 npo's and 9 hospitals? I don't think that's quite enough, IMHO. If you do a board search, most people here usually spend 54.3681158 hours working at the ER in a nearby hospital a week and an average of 37.4858 hours tutoring inner city kids. Good luck.

Yeah, not to mention that people who make med school typically volunteer at a mental health clinic 25 hours a day and compete in 7 varsity sports (each requiring an average comittment of 26 hours a day every day of the week).

Archived