Premed 101 Forums

Should I release my MCAT scores?

jamie_kee_mac85

Hi there,

I just wanted some advice on this. I got my MCAT scores and they ended up really low, an 18O to be exact. I already applied to Mac, Ottawa and UofT. I already know my UofT application is out the window because of these scores, but Mac and Ottawa do not require MCAT's as most of you already know. Would it be wise to release my MCAT scores to OMSAS? I already put down on my OMSAS application that I wrote the MCAT on August 2006, but I figured that if I dont release my scores then they might not even bother asking for it. If I do release my scores, it might have a negative bearing on my Mac and Ottawa application, even though they state that they do not look at the scores. I am sure the evaluator would still look down on my app with these scores. Would do you guys think?

I don't think Mac and Ottawa even see you MCAT scores at all (anyone confirm or deny?). Since there are some applicants who didn't write the MCAT, there would be no reason for them to look at other's MCAT scores. It would be a whole lot of admin time they could use elsewhere.

As for UofT, if you don't release your score, your application would be incomplete and would no longer be in consideration (probably won't even get reviewed). If you do release it, you will get reviewed but your chances are pretty slim. However this in no way biases your application if you reapply next year. So really I don't think it will hurt you to release them.

Archived