Premed 101 Forums

Do we send trascripts through the alberta application system like OMSAS?

Hey guys,

Wondering if the trascripts are sent through the application system like in OMSAS? Also, on the application it says:

'Official transcripts showing completed work and course registration for the fall term should be ordered from your Registrar's Office and submitted to our Registrar's Office immediately upon making application, November 15. Term one transcripts must be received by February 1 and final transcripts by June 15.'

Does this mean we have to send term 1 transcripts after term 1 is finished...to me this sounds wierd...or maybe i'm just dumb...omsas never requires this so...

Zuck

Hey guys,

Wondering if the trascripts are sent through the application system like in OMSAS?

All non U of A students must have official transcripts mailed directly from the Office of the Registrar of home school to Registrar's Office, University of Alberta. Photocopies will not be accepted. Office of the Registrar's address:

201 Administration Building, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, T6G 2E1

It's a separate process outside of submitting the secondary application.

Also, on the application it says:

'Official transcripts showing completed work and course registration for the fall term should be ordered from your Registrar's Office and submitted to our Registrar's Office immediately upon making application, November 15. Term one transcripts must be received by February 1 and final transcripts by June 15.'

Does this mean we have to send term 1 transcripts after term 1 is finished...to me this sounds wierd...or maybe i'm just dumb...omsas never requires this so...

Zuck

Transcript Deadlines

1) With application by November 15 with current registration indicated - to the Registrar's Office

2) First term transcript of current year must be submitted by February 1 to the Registrar's Office (Note: Students with 4 or more years of University it is recommended that required courses completed by end of term one and transcripts to the RO by Feb 1 to have them included in rank for interview)

3) Final transcript of current year must be submitted by June 15 to the Admissions Office (2-45 Medical Sciences Bldg., Edmonton, AB, T6G 2H7)

Note: University of Alberta students DO NOT need to order transcripts. They are provided for you by the Registrar's Office.

I'd contact admissions directly if you have any questions with the above. My understanding is that they would like to input grades into their algorithm ASAP but theire will be additional for info for current students at the end of term of 1. Thus, rather than hold off all that data entry until after Term 1 marks are in, by receiving a transcript with the initial application it gives them a bit of a headstart. Hope that made sense.

swedeboy

U of A Med III

Archived