Premed 101 Forums

references not in yet...

2 of my referees still haven't submitted their letters, and I am getting worried. Should I e-mail this week to remind them, or is that being a nag? I'm just worried because they already submitted my Ontario letters, so I would've thought they were going to do to Alberta ones at the same time even though the deadline isn't until Nov. 1.

Once you fill in the referees on the U of C online applications doesn't it automatically e-mail your referees the forms? So there's no chance that mine didn't receive the forms yet right?

This is the first year that the referee forms have been electronic, so I'm not sure how that works. I'd get in contact with your referees. Are you saying they haven't submitted them because it hasn't been marked "Received" on the online application, or are you saying that because your referees actually told you they haven't done it? If it's just the online app, it's probably just a backlog with Admissions updating the files, so talk to your referees to make sure they sent them in and don't worry too much.

When I applied, one of my referees actually forgot to send a letter to the UofA. Marlene Healey e-mailed me and we finally sorted it out--a few weeks after the deadline. I think Admissions offices are generally reasonable with the references as long as it's the referee or the post office that made the slip, and not you.

I would suggest reminding your referees. One of my references for UofC is still outstanding and I'm planning to talk my referee soon. I wouldn't consider it nagging especially if you haven't bothered them since OMSAS applications. Also, in case they haven't received an e-mail from UofC (or have accidentally deleted it) you will have time to sort this out with the Admissions Office.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Argh!!!! Two of my refs still have not submitted. One has a good reason and I trust he will get it in on time but the other.... I don't know. When I called him (third reminder, each time he's said he will get right on it) he said "Right, I got the email, it's not due till November 3 right?" He's basically the only employer I've had in the last 10 years ( grad school, working for him, then self-employed) so I feel like I need his reference. I ended our last call with "my future is in your hands."

I'm getting kinda worried.:eek:

I was told by Adele that there may be some technical problems with reference section of the web application and if they can't fix it right away they'll try to sort it out after November 1st when they would have all the applications in. If this is the case, referees will be given 5 additional days to submit their references.

One of my references submitted his letter on the 25th, and another on the 28th, yet FOR SOME REASON, only the reference submitted on the 28 has shown up as received.

Pretty annoying....the soonest my referee can resubmit the reference is on tuesday..

Hey. Check with the referee to make sure he/she used a browser that is supported by the program.

Archived