Premed 101 Forums

official transcripts?

hi guys,

i sent in requests for my official transcripts around oct 5th from my registrar to be sent to the office of admissions. i just want to ensure its fine, and they will hold onto it, even if they don't have my name or application yet?

i'm assuming this is how it works. and that they didnt' want everything in one big envelope.

same for references, they are sent in individual envelopes too i'm assuming.

i'm not used to these paper applications :)

I believe that sending your transcripts in separately is fine (that's what I did).

Just as a side note, somewhere on the application timeline, DalMed mentions that it will e-mail applicants in November if anything is missing from the application. They will then wait till December 15th to have everything in.

This is definitely fine. They receive everyone's applications bits at different times, so they essentially make a file for each person when the first item arrives (regardless of what part of the application it is) and as stuff comes in, they keep adding to the file. Then, as bioboy pointed out, they sort through each file to make sure all components of the application are there. If they aren't, they'll let you know and give you a little time to get the missing components to them.

Archived