Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Rescore

Guest mdhopefully

Guest mdhopefully

Hey I seen this topic pop up in various threads and posted a few questions but no one responded directly to my questions.

I was wondering if you do end up getting the mcat rescored and say the ws is lower then what you had before, if you do not re-release your new score is it for lack of a better word cheating? Moderates if you have any knowledge on this it would greatly be appreciated.

thanks!

Hi,

It would be dishonest and unethical not to release your new score, as if your new score were higher, you probably would take steps to release it, right? In addition, not releasing the new score could be perilous if your dishonesty was discovered at any point during your medical school years, i.e., grounds for dismissal from the program.

Weighing the pros and cons, not forgetting the potential, chronic fear of being discovered, would that be worth it?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest mdhopefully

thanks! well said.

do schools have different approaches to the rescore? since it takes up to 4 months for it to be remarked cut-offs would already be decided and if per say it was higher would you then get an interview even if the interview dates are already past or have your interview revoked?

thanks

thanks! well said.

do schools have different approaches to the rescore? since it takes up to 4 months for it to be remarked cut-offs would already be decided and if per say it was higher would you then get an interview even if the interview dates are already past or have your interview revoked?

thanks

Hi again,

This is a fairly uncommon situation (having an MCAT test rescored and it potentially affecting your chances at a given medical school) and one that, if it applies to your situation, I'd take the time to contact each medical school to determine their exact policy. Offhand, I've no idea how each school treats this proposed situation.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived