Premed 101 Forums

Graduate Students @ Queen's

Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea what the Graduate subcommittee looks at? I would assume research productivity, letters from your supervisor, etc, but more specific info would be better...

I am asking because I know I won't make the GPA cutoff for my undergrad (damn marks from 10 years ago), but, barring some crazy hike in the MCAT cut I should be OK for the MCAT cutoff...

Cheers!

Hi there. When I applied to Queen's I contacted the Admissions Officer with this very question. Unlike other schools (e.g. U of T, U of O) no additional documents were considered and I was discouraged from sending them. If you are uncertain about the current policy, phone the admissions office. As far as I understand, the "criteria" by which applications from graduate students who do not make the GPA cutoff are judged is top secret. You should definitely describe your accomplishments in your OMSAS biosketch and essays.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I figured that they would be ultra-secret about this, I actually did contact the office and ask them. They wouldn't give me any more info than is on the website.

I did my best to point out accomplishments, explained my poor marks in the first years of university (brand new baby = stress) so I hope that they are generous with the Grad student evaluations...

Cheers!

I figured that they would be ultra-secret about this, I actually did contact the office and ask them. They wouldn't give me any more info than is on the website.

I did my best to point out accomplishments, explained my poor marks in the first years of university (brand new baby = stress) so I hope that they are generous with the Grad student evaluations...

Cheers!

Good luck with your applications:)

Archived