Premed 101 Forums

Verification for Entered Grades

• 3 weeks later...

I just got mine today.

I'm from UBC. and they converted all my 4 credits courses into 3 credits course... anyone in a similar situation? Should we do anything about it?

It's still 10 courses per year right now, so I still get the UofT special formula... so should I ask/tell them about the course actually being 4 credits and not 3?

I just got mine today. I'm not sure if it's just a Queen's Engineering thing, but they threw out all my grades, and just converted my averages to a GPA. This made my GPA go up, quite a bit in some years... Has anyone else had this done?

omsas uses a special gpa conversion scale...and i think you guys are one of the, if not the most, favoured on it. :D

I just got mine today.

I'm from UBC. and they converted all my 4 credits courses into 3 credits course... anyone in a similar situation? Should we do anything about it?

It's still 10 courses per year right now, so I still get the UofT special formula... so should I ask/tell them about the course actually being 4 credits and not 3?

Hey,

Actually, I think U of T will probably not look at the marks sent in my OMSAS for computing the WGPA; they'll most likely evaluate the applicant's entire transcript(s) individually, noting the number of courses (credits) taken, and then determine whether the weighting formula will apply. Other universities have other ways used to evaluate (ie. Ottawa will drop lowest year if more than 3 years completed, Western only looks at two best years between Sept-Apr to see if applicant makes GPA cut, etc...)

Only Mac looks at the entire cGPA.

RB

I received mine yesterday but found a problem with it. They incorporated my college marks into my OMSAS gpa when they shouldn't have. The OMSAS gpa should only include undergraduate marks at a university. So resultingly, their calculation brought my gpa down because my grades weren't as good in college. Should I notify OMSAS about the error? Or should I contact each of the schools that I applied to (since many of them recalculate the grades themselves)? This was some stress that I didn't need...

I just got mine today.

The same thing happened to me. Maybe it's their policy with 4-credit UBC courses. It makes a big difference if you ended up with less than a full courseload, but if not then it shouldn't make a big difference.

Personally, I'm not going to bother with trying to change it. I still end up with 11.0 courses in that year (I had taken 36 credits) - so it's still a full courseload. And it gives me a higher GPA since my 4 credit courses were slightly lower than my 3 credit ones :)

Should I notify OMSAS about the error? Or should I contact each of the schools that I applied to (since many of them recalculate the grades themselves)? This was some stress that I didn't need...

Hey,

It's OMSAS that you need to contact, they will inform the individual schools. Relax, they made the mistake you won't get into trouble over it :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived