Premed 101 Forums

late transcript

I took a summer course at a different university and forgot to add it on the online application. Now it's already submitted so I can't add it. But I requested a transcript to be sent... It will be late though. How bad is this?

i'm not sure..since they don't consider summer courses in the gpa, but they do consider it in terms of a 'full file review'.

nonetheless, its very clearly stated that any required materials delivered after the deadline will terminate the application (at least for the six pre-interview criteria, references etc.)

argh! i really hope they don't terminate my application just because of a summer course that doesn't even contribute to my degree anyways (I just took a course out of interest and I already will have the degree requireements without it).

i don't see how it's fair that OMSAS lets people send their LOR's in a few weeks late without disqualifying them, but 1 summer course transcript can.

Well I e-mailed the admissions office so we'll see what they say...

*fingers crossed*

i don't see how it's fair that OMSAS lets people send their LOR's in a few weeks late without disqualifying them, but 1 summer course transcript can.

I feel for you - I've had a little bit of trouble with transcripts too. I hope they all went in on time. But I can see why schools treat transcripts differently from reference letters. You have lots of control over transcripts, since usually (not always) they are sent by the institution within a specified period of time whereas with references it really depends on your reference, so you have less control over that.

Archived